Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tuesday February 11, 2020 Protection


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday February 11, 2020
I had taken a couple of shots with my phone while walking the dogs yesterday morning of a horse and foal in the open lot beside us.  They are certainly not great shots because they are shot in the dark.  We usually see 4-6 horses every morning on our walk.
 
I did a little research about how to stop neighbour cats from walking the fence rails or garden walls.  They send our 10 dogs into a frenzy and the barking is very loud.  The main online suggestions were rubber snakes, spikey pads or uneven chicken wire.  So we made a little trip into Tulua.
First we got another supply of livers to make dog feasts then stopped at Bizcochotos for lunch but they had none of the usual good food so we left and went to Dollar City (Nothing over $3).  There were no rubber snakes but they did have sections of chicken wire, the spikey pads, and plastic owls.  I came home with the latter two.
We went to LA14 for lunch and I had a very forgettable hamburger with no mustard.  We looked there for rubber snakes with no success.
On the way home the car thermometer said it was 35C outside.  Luckily..??? it is only 33C in the house....
 I took the plastic owls, intended to be cut to become piggy banks, opened the bottom holes and added some gravel, then duct-taped them shut.  I gingerly went up the ladder and placed them on the 2 side walls.  I just wanted to get something up there quickly and see if they will do the trick on their own...  I need to figure out a way to hold the plastic spikey pads down to the top of the walls first.  Half a brick sounds good to me.
In the process of the above activity, I accidentally broke the wire holding the remaining 3 feeders.  They all crashed to the ground and the biggest one broke badly.  Grrrrr
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Early morning mare and foal

There is another darker pair in this same field.

Boo

Boo 2

Broken feeder