Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thursday February 13, 2020 Planters/Cats


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday February 13, 2020
Yesterday, I had a dentist appointment at EPS at 10:30am, not knowing what to expect...  They did a quick examination and I told them the 3 things I wanted looked at.  They came back and said to come back tomorrow for free teeth-cleaning and to go elswhere for the work I need, they only do basic extractions, etc.  Oh Joy!
I had a bunch of songs favourited on YouTube so I got to work converting those, one by one, to MP3 files to put on my music sticks.  It took forever, but I did 332 songs.  My arms and hands were like very sore spaghetti after that.  I still went for  walk with Aram.

Today, we went back to EPS at 9am for the teeth-cleaning.  The girl was incredibly fast and efficient in finding my sensitive teeth.  Yes, thank you, I do use the "sensitive" toothpaste...
When we returned home I got cracking at making planters out of the superfluous plumbing fixtures we had removed, 2 sinks and a toilet.  I removed the plumbing and wired the porcelain to 2 of the patio posts.  The big double sink is just stting at the other end, on its own.  In these positions they should get some watering from the rain drippings from the roof.
Then we jumped in the car and went to our Tulua nursery to buy dirt...  Yes Virginia, we pay for dirt, water and even air nowadays....  I also grabbed another different hummingbird feeder.
We stopped at Berthold & Zenaida's restaurant for lunch and enjoyed their good sausages in tomato sauce.
Once home Aram came over to help me with the grunt work of moving dirt.  At Cristina's direction we filled the new "planters" to the level she wanted, she added sunflower seeds for growing, and we added a little more dirt.  She has a "thing" for sunflowers, and so do I, so they are in a relatively safe position and can be tied to the posts for strength.
Then Aram and I brainstormed on how to apply my "cat deterrent pads" to the end of the walls out back.  I am obsessed with stopping the cats from traversing the walls and making the dogs crazy.  Their barking drives me crazy.
The owl thing did not work... It went over 
Aram pointed at the old bedroom door frame and the idea was hatched, add the spikey strips to the 6'6" boards!  This way I don't damage the walls in any way, especially in case this idea diesn't work.  The premise is that cats don't like things to bother their paws so they will avoid the spikey strip after their first try.  So we went a bought a few small nails, attached the strips to the wood, then wired the boards to existing rebar in the walls.  Now the strips should be solid enough in everythong except a full-blown gale.
So..... after an episode a few minutes ago, or maybe I should say 2 episodes,.... I believe 2 cats, one on each wall, bypassed the strips with complete disdain..!!!!  My only hope is that it was an uncomfotable test trip for both and that they will now find other routes.....   Oh well, I can dream, can't I ???
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start


 
Toilet sits nicely

Pedestal is too rickety, so had to improvise

Not pretty, but it should work well enough

Nursery is pretty good

We have bought a lot here

Berthold & Zenaida's restaurant

With dirt and sunflower seeds

Here too

and here

Adding the strips to the wood was a good idea

It doesn't have to be rocket science, just effective

Hopefully the cats will tire of crossing these spikey strips

Installing one

And the other wall too