Friday, February 7, 2020

Friday February 7, 2020 Sevilla


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday February 7, 2020
I walked the five dogs for 50 minutes this morning, covering a lot of ground.  
David and I were to get together for lunch but he had a dentist appointment in Sevilla, an hour northeast of here, so I asked to go along with Him and Wolf.  It was a bit of a cloudy day, and I didn't go wandering for photos, but it is still picturesque.  While David was getting tortured Wolf took me to a famous bar called Casablanca and we were joined by a good friend by the name of Julian Osorio.
The bar is quite eclectic with old replicas, many photos and posters, and hundreds of old vinyl records of dance music.  Other friends of Julian joined us and we had some good conversations.
It turned out the most of the larger posters on the walls were composed by Julian himself, so he was not just another pretty face.   He gave me permission to post some of his work as long as I use the credit "Photo by Julianos".
I had brought the Canon in anticipation of needing the zoom but that was a mistake.  I wish I had brought the Nikon to get crisper pictures.
Because David was having trouble with the altitude we had to pass on the offer of a 2 km ride to an acreage (finca) promising beautiful views.  We didn't even eat, because Casablanca only serves drinks and coffee.  So we drove back and they dropped me off.
Cristina and I immediately jumped in our car and went to pick up her mother for her monthly trip to Gane where she collects a monthly stipend.  I started to go to regular one and Cristina steered us instead to LA14, which has a Gane outlet as well.  Ana Julia waited while we quickly got a 10-day supply of food, mostly my salad makings.  I was so hungry that I gave up on my idea of going for pizza after 3pm and had a 3-meat sandwich, topped with some cheddar cheese that I bought at the deli.
We tried the Gane shop and they did not handle these payouts, so we went to one down the road that we have used before.  They had no money, even though they usually take in bets on lucky numbers and more.  Very strange...  So, we ended up driving back to the one close to her home and got the deed accomplished.
We made a brief cemetery stop before we came home.  I worked on photos and Cristina went to the Animal Park.
I went for an evening walk with Aram as well and we watched 3 guys choreographing a dance in the central park.  I admire their dedication.

If you have the time, read the following article on Facebook about my brother-in-law who passed away 4 years ago;  https://www.okotokstoday.ca/local-news/renowned-knife-maker-also-cut-path-in-education-1531786?fbclid=IwAR24Y61ZzVXy68SowahIm4RBOgoQae6iO0DVPIiXGLEi6BtTEPyUA9_jqQE
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
There are hundreds of Willys Jeeps in Sevilla and area

Casablanca bar is very eclectic

Lots of photos of South American artists

Hundreds of old LP records behind the bar

Photo by Julianos

Cute Chaplin art
Photo by Julianos

Iconic photos

Antique Gramaphone

Old phone replica

Replica too?

Another Chaplin
This is Julian Osorio, fascinating man

Another Jeep, looking down the valley from Sevilla

Another hot day, 33C in Tulua

Cemetery

Cemetery

Re-adjusting the grave

Photo by Julianos (sent to me by Julian)

Photo by Julianos (sent to me by Julian)

Photo by Julianos (sent to me by Julian)


Photo by Julianos (sent to me by Julian)