Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday February 15, 2020 LA14


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  IS working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday February 15, 2020
I walked the dogs, did the chores, then the poop and garbage patrol that I love so much, but I kept going.  I could see evidence that one or more of our dogs were in the hutch digging a little near the buried rabbits so I went out and closed off the holes and cleaned up the inside.  
Then I tackled cleanup of the BBQ and its area.  There was lots of dirt from Cristina's plants and concrete splashes from the neighbour's construction next door.  Cristina came out with a soapy solution to do a better job on the BBQ itself.
I wasn't done yet as, when Cristina went to the Animal Park, I studied the bedroom door that was not latching properly.  The striker plate had been set too high so I had to take it off, enlarge the hole in the wood and re-position the striker plate almost 1/2 inch lower.  Now the door works just fine.  Cristina was very pleased when she came back.
I wanted to get out and go for a drive today but then remembered that the ELN (offshoot of the FARC rebels) had warned that they would disrupt things until the 17th, probably blocking roads, etc.  Nothing was likely to happen in our area but there was no point in pushing my luck and getting kidnapped.  Everybody here thinks that gringos have lots of money.  
Cristina wanted to deliver some shoes to a young girl at the Tulua Animal Refuge, Zoonosis so we did that and popped in for a few minutes at Adiela's and retrieved my hair clipper they had borrowed.
David had asked us to stop by so we did and had a juice and watched a few clips of Joan Rivers and Laugh-In (1964).  That was fun to reminisce.
Then we decided to go to LA14 (our version of a WalMart).  Upstairs I saw that they have installed a huge trampoline 'park'....  Cristina was clothes shopping and I spotted brother-in-law Miguel with a friend, Umberto, at his usual table near the deli section.  They were drinking Heineken beers for $1 each and, before long, they were placing beers in front of me too.  Cristina joined us and helped me with my beer drinking.  Cristina, Miguel and Umberto had all worked for the big Colombina candy company for some time.  Soon we had other former employees joining our table and Miguel and Umberto kept supplying beer..  It rained pretty good while we were there.
Finally I decided it was time to try this steak place recommended by Wolf so we made our goodbyes.
Jeremy's is fairly new and we were the only customers for 2 gals who were training a young man.  The main choices were T-Bone, Porterhouse or Ribeye steaks in the 400g category, for 22,000 pesos, or about $6.50 USD.  Cristina got a salad, $2 kebob, and a pop.  I thought it was odd that they served us a peach dessert first...  
I had brought in my Montreal Steak Spice and let the employees sample some steak with it.  They probably don't like it as much as I do...  Anyway, the steak was tender but I thought it was skimpy on meat for 400g.  Maybe giving away 6 sample bites wasn't a good idea...  I will go back for sure.
We didn't see much evidence of the rain in Andalucia unfortunately.
I hate getting back after 6:15 because the dogs are in the dark.  They are such good sports and so happy to see us.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start




 
The BBQ and area getting cleaned up

Tom Thumb likes the new feeder

The hutch is closed for the season

The plantains are growing despite the low moisture

Roses are also hanging in

I had to water the poor things today
Always nice to see a new rosebud

Happy to have flowers

Yes, Formula 1 will be starting soon

Great flashback scenes with Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

The new trampoline park in LA14

Miguel and Umberto with $1 Heinekens

 
Very intelligent men, good conversation

Almost everyone used to work at Colombina

LA14 sold a lot of beer today

Nice store, big wide aisles

Jeremy's english sign

Part of the awning

My ribeye in process

Flipped over

Peaches and cream for dessert beforehand

Sweet salad for Cristina

Kebob

Kebob served with yucca

and my meal...  Yummy