Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thursday January 16, 2020 Bebe


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday January 16, 2020
Cristina had us out the door at 7am to take the new puppy Bebe for sterilization at Dr John Faber's.  He said he would have her ready by 9am so we went to the other side of downtown to get livers at Olympica for dog food.  Then we did some window shopping and picked up a few things.    I managed to find a place to copy the house keys since Cristina lost hers.  I was surprised that these fancy Yale keys could be copied at all (and they actually work!).
Bebe looks so much like our Grigi but with a wider nose.   Both have such lovely distinctive coloring.
The roses appear to be thriving out back.  We will soon have to attack the orange trees and the backyard with the insecticide again.  Cristina has a young man that helps at the Animal Park who will probably help.
There is supposed to be Festival activities starting this afternoon so I may do a separate Blog about that later.
Amazon fouled up the order that I had through them for my new 18-300 lens.  I don't know what these guys are thinking.  First we have to go through a silly confirmation code, then it wouldn't take my debit card but accepted the credit card.  Then they said the order was suspended and I had to re-confirm my shipping location change and my mailing address change (I haven't used them for about 8 years, now I remember why..).  Then they said all is fine but the order was cancelled and would have to be done all over again...  I tried and now there was no lens available.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
After checking with all locations available via Amazon, none of them would ship to Canada... Grrrrrrr 
I finally went to Adorama and managed to get the lens ordered to be delivered to Ontario via FedEx International priority.  Later I started panicking because I thought that I might end up paying GST plus Ontario PST on the lens as well.  A check of the internet indicates that a single lens shouldn't garner that scrutiny.  I certainly don't want to pay any more for the darn thing.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Hibiscus with a friend

Different colour roses, same bush

Bebe is still a little groggy

I hope she gets a good adoptive family