Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday January 20, 2020 Busy


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday January 20, 2020
We were out the door by 6am because the EPS office in BugaLaGrande only does the lab tests until 7am.  I was worried that they could be real busy after a holiday weekend but it was all really quick.  They are really efficient and fast to get the vial of blood.  This is the check to see why the old man is still ticking even after taking a licking.  Results in 8 days...
It actually tried to rain with intermittent sprinkles most of the morning.  That helped to keep the temp down to 29C most of the day.  We sure could use a good ccleansing rain, especially after the horse events.
We managed to pay our 3 utilities and internet, and Cristina's phone for about $114 USD.  Of course I complain that they are too expensive for here.
Then we went to the Animal Park where Cristina had a lot of cleanups to do.  She came to get me anxiously through the fence and I didn't understand what she was saying to me.  Poor marino had gone to the swimming pool to rinse a mop, slipped on the wet tile steps, banged his right arm, and was sprawled in the 4" of green water.  This saint is over 80, has had 2 knee replacements, and just doesn't need this kind of possible catastrophe.  Cristina and I eventually helped him to back up the 10 stairs or so, on his bum, one at a time.  Thankfully, he recovered quickly and went to exercising his sore right arm.  I can't imagine what would happen to the animals without him being there to get food for them....
There was a larger dog that I didn't recall seeing before that has the same dark coloring as Bebe and Grigi.  I find that coloring so very attractive and this older hound was just as gentle as could be.  We fall in love with all of them and their different personalities.
Then we picked up the calico cat to take to the vet Huellas for sterilization.  We have to recover it later.
My new Nikon lens arrived in Ontario and yes, I did have to pay the 13% harmonized tax.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lou and Yvette are always so good to me for things like this and Lou will get the lens checked out to be sure there are no problems.  There is only a 30-day return window.
Aram came over and I helped him request the police report in English from Finland.  Then he went over to the local police station here to get his police report from here.  He got that very quickly but I sent him back to ask for the document in English, or to find out where he can get a notarized translation to English.  I imagine the USA Visa service wants all document understandable in English.  He just came back with an un-notarized translation as well..  Oh well.
I hope you enjoy the pictures (taken with the Lumix).  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.