Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday January 25, 2020 Cooper


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday January 25, 2020
We had a minor thunderstorm with a nice rain at 6am so the dogs did not get walked.  I decided to stay up anyway and get most of my chores done.  I had problems uploading my photos this morning as the Internet quit for a while.
After poop and garbage patrol I had a quick nap.  I refilled the hummingbird feeders and napped a tad more.
I checked with Aram about their lovely dog Cooper and was dismayed to hear that he had not eaten in 5 days and vomits everything.  He said the vet was coming, and for me to come over, so I did.  The vet was a young man from Medellin who was helping out a local vet with a backlog of surgeries.  He is the one who castrated Cooper 5 days ago at the start of his problems.
Ten minutes of listening to this kid reminded me of the Ann Landers line to remember that 50% of doctors graduated in the bottom of their class.  I could tell that he was not the go-getter type but more likely to be the hungover kid sleeping through class.  
I spoke to Cristina as we had lunch at a new nice restaurant with mood music, nice presentation, and good food for about $6.50, for both of us.  I outlined my concerns and she said that definitely Aram, Liliana and Yireh needed a second opinion at Huellas. 
This vet had warned them not to trust Huellas here in town because people had had bad experiences in the past.  I agree with that assessment about the previous vet there, but not with the present two vets.  It took some convincing but Aram and Yireh came along as we took Cooper for examination and a second opinion.  Cooper had already rid himself of the IV set up by the other vet.  Even Cooper knew that the medicine was wrong.  The Huellas vets took a blood test for Tick fever immediately, because that was the main diagnosis by the other vet along with gastritis.  It came back negative.  A wrong diagnosis and wrong treatment was going to kill Cooper.  
The new vets at Huellas are both bright, especially the indigenous girl with the lisp whom you can tell was the hardest worker in her class, just to prove herself.   Aram is of the same opinion as me about the difference between her and the boy vet who was killing poor Cooper by his ignorance.
A new IV and regimen of medicines was started and we could see the immediate improvement in Cooper.  We then got him diapers so that he can pee without soiling himself and to rest comfortably.  Cooper actually stood up to pee for the first time in 2 days already.  All good signs.
We have to bring Cooper back to the vet at 9am for review.  Monday we will have to get him an ultrasound to check his kidneys and liver in Buga.  If his liver is badly damaged, he will die.  We are all remaining positive.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Digging up the street again 2 blocks away

The boy vet's kit

Liliana, Aram, Cooper and the boy vet

Courtyard of the restaurant

Partially eaten roasted pork meal, very good

Huellas vet is a very sharp lady

Both vets consult to help Cooper

The blood test is negative for tick disease