Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday January 12, 2020 Remodel


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday January 12, 2020
Friday I had to wait around for delivery of the new bathroom cabinet, sink and toilet.  They showed up around 3:30pm and, of course, did not bring all the required fittings for installation.
Carlos came by and removed the old kitchen sink and installed the new stainless steel sink I bought.  It is honestly like watching Fred Flintstone at work with hammer and chisel as most things are surrounded by concrete here.  The sink got installed, is a little loose, and he could not stop leaks in the new drain pipes causing more looseness as he pounded away.  About 8pm I just threw my hands in the air and said that I could not watch or help any more, and just went to bed.  It was so frustrating and exhausting to watch their manner of workmanship with rudimentary tools.
Saturday we were expecting possibly Carlos, or cousin Yair, to come and finish the sink, but neither showed up.  
Gustavo, The HomeCenter workman/installer who had actually put together my BBQ came to do the installation of the bathroom equipment.  Right away he saw that they had not supplied drain piping nor floor sealant (they don't use wax rings like we do, it is more like more cement).  So we had to go spend more money...  Grrrrr
However, it is such a pleasure to watch an expert, who has his own proper tools (cordless and electric drills for instance) just put together equipment without the benefit of instructions.  He was efficient and workmanlike and the bathroom looks great, it is solid, and nothing leaks...
So I had Gustavo take a quick look at the kitchen sink and in 5 minutes or less we had no leaks..!!  I have his name and number if I ever need a proper workman again.
The neighbours had another loud music party Saturday night so we didn't get much sleep.
Today, we quickly put back together the bathroom and I finished these chores before I headed over to David's for lunch and to watch more of "The Crown" series....  So nice to be out of the house for a bit.  Cristina is spending a lot of time at the Animal Park.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Old cracked sink to be removed

It has seen its day

New stainless steel

Fred Flintstone at work

Chipping concrete and cutting metal

I cringe at these sights
Applying new concrete to hold the new sink

Installed, mostly

Now to put back the front tile edge

This sink is just a hair bigger, needing adjustments to tiles

Testing water, had leaks...

Gustavo knows how to work and has the right tools

No instructions required, he has done so many

Everything in proper order

Hook up the plumbing, no leaks

This is what a real workman can accomplish

The done deal....