Thursday, January 2, 2020

Wednesday January 1, 2020 DENGUE


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday January 1, 2020
Happy lousy 70th Birthday to me...


NEW HEADLINE:  BIG SASKATCHEWAN FARM BOY FELLED A MOSQUITO.

Complete update.  Having slept maybe a total of 2 hours in the last 6 days, yesterday I returned to the hospital in BugaLaGrande for further tests.  I was so woozy they found me a gurney to occupy while they put me on an IV and filled me with liquids to elevate my very low platelet level.  The diagnosis now is that I have contracted the DENGUE virus.  The only way I could have avoided this was to be covered from head to foot 24-7.
They gave me options of going to Tulua (8 kms from home), Buga (32 kms) or Cali (over 100 kms).  It was not a hard choice for me.  I understood that I was going to be spending at least a day there.
We got a ride to Tulua and got admitted, and immediately put on another IV.  These IVs take about 4-5 hours and made me feel almost human again.  I got medications and sleeping pills and we were impressing the lovely Doctoras with our recovery powers.  My platelet level had risen so nicely that I was allowed to go home.
Hitting the hay and sleeping almost 24 hours was the tonic I had been needing.  I was so very thankful to get some rest finally.
However I am far from being out of the woods yet.  Around mid-morning I got up to brush the “dry-mouth” so I could breathe better.  I had just got to touch the toothbrush when the wooziness hit again.  I braced myself on the sink hoping it would pass quickly.  I awoke later to find myself looking up at the sink dangling from the wall.   The only ill effect to me that I can find is that I bit the inside of my mouth.  I am counting my blessings on that one.
So I went straight back to bed and slept the whole day, careful not to get up unnecessarily.
Cristina has been amazing during this ordeal as I struggle through this.
THANK YOU so very much to all the well-wishers.  Your sentiments and support are encouraging.  Please pardon me if I wasn’t able to respond individually to all of you.  It is simply way too taxing on me, especially on those tiny phone keyboards.
So, to everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020.  I am off to bed again.



That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.