Thursday, January 2, 2020

Thursday January 2, 2020 Testing 1-2-3



SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday January 2, 2020



I had a good sleep for which I am eternally grateful.  I was up at 6am to leave for the hospital at BugaLaGrande for blood tests at 7am.  That was an ordeal as I could only be on my feet for about 30 seconds without diving for the refuge of the bed as my world faded away.  I don’t know how I managed to accomplish brushing my teeth and a shave and a shower between all the comfort stops to the bed.. 

And it is only a problem when standing,.. sitting is not a problem.  So I took the gamble of driving to hospital on a route with little traffic and it was not a problem at all, just needing my 100% concentration, no radio, etc.

We started at the hospital where we had to pay more, despite my medical plan.   I am very angry about that and will sort that out with the insurers later.  I got brought in for the quickest blood test ever…..  Then Cristina got convoluted instructions from a woman on how to find the nearby Government EPS insurance office, like drive by the park, turn right, then left, etc.  I knew the instructions were bogus as soon as I heard them.  We returned to the hospital and got the instructions we should have received in the first place, from a man.  We only needed to turn left, go 3 blocks and look for a big 2-storey white house with lots of motorbikes and bicycles at the door.  I think the only purpose of this visit was to get approval for the tests, because we just ended up sitting around.  Then it was back to the hospital to get the initial results of the tests which are that my platelet levels are really low again.  Now we need to return at 5pm for a medical appointment to discuss the tests.  Personally, I hope to be admitted again because the IV drip is the only thing that rebounds my health.

One thing I have found really unusual and exasperating is that my hearing is much more acute. Someone talking loudly to me, as Cristina is wont to do, and all I hear is incredible uncomfortable noise.  The awful second bad side effect is that I have little or no control over my sudden rage at such things.  This is totally scary to me. 

At 4pm we went back to the EPS office in BugaLaGrande.  It was the most glorious blue-sky day and I had no camera, drat!  We had another examination by another young, bright, gorgeous Doctora.  I simply confirmed that I was at my lowest when standing…  No problem while seated or reclined, and at my best when on the hydrating IV drip.   I was so hoping she would throw me on one of the drips but that didn’t happen.

We have a 1pm appointment Saturday and somehow need to squeeze in a blood test with results that morning.

The upside is that I am getting valuable sleep and rest.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes.  Please pardon me if I do not respond individually as often as I would like.  It is very taxing to be on the computer, and absolute hell to work with a tiny phone.

Hugs to everyone.
That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******