Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wednesday August 7, 2019 Home


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 7, 2019
On Saturday there was a UFC card from Edmonton on Pay-Per-View which I never support.  The replay last night, without knowing the results, is just as good.  It is always amazing to be able to see some sports from home.  I concentrated as well on the crowd shots to see if I could spot anyone I knew.  I am just sorry that all the Canadians on the card fought so pitifully in front of their home fans.  That was sure disappointing.
While I was watching, Cristina's Aunt Native popped by with some plants for us.  One looks like corn but they say it is a tree of good fortune.  I'll plant that one above my expected backyard gold mine, lol.

It was a very cloudy morning when I walked the dogs and there wasjust a sliver of sky on the horizon at the end of our street.  I was hoping that that would extend further east where the sun would rise and possibly light up all this cloud but it was not to be.
I decided to BBQ today so we had defrosted 4 large thick-cut steaks from a roast.  Marbled meat is so hard to find here, and the meat just does not cook tender.  These appeared to have some marble but I held off inviting anyone to share this, and I am so glad that I did not subject anyone to this tough meat.  The dogs got the lion's share of our two slabs.  The others are slated for leftover Friday and I think that I just may basically stew them...
Our cute little rose in the back is slowly blooming.  My photo does not convey that tinyness of it, because it is maybe only 1 1/4" wide.
The big spider at the back is sharing his webs with at least 2 other spiders (children?).  It is at the corner of the rabbit hutch and I have to remember to be conscious that is there.  Is there a yuckier feeling than walking into a huge web????
The spider at the corner of the patio has disappeared, maybe hiding between the walls?  The spider between the trees is so hard to shoot because of either the deep shade or the harsh backlight.  I do the best that I can with that short lens.
I find that the poop patrol/garbage day routine takes so much out me that I just want to rest much of the day.  I have about 6 hours of more viewing of Miguel's movies then I guess I'll be searching for Web movies.  There are some historical movies that I have been unsuccessful in finding yet, like Cromwell, and Mary, Queen of Scots.
I can easily get within 2 feet of Tom Thumb now.  Some day, when I have a friend help record the event, I will feed him by hand.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Vermilion Flycatcher this morning

Lightly marinated steak on the Barbie

Even Montreal Steak Spice could not rescue this tough beef

Our tiny beauty

The buzzards circle the sugar cane fields
Oldest son?  Mom bottom left, little brother top right

fascinating creatures

This is the Big Mama

She is getting accustomed to us too

Hard to shoot this guy in the trees

He is medium-sized

A couple of shots of Tom for you.