Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Monday-Tuesday August 19-20 , 2019 Hiding


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday-Tuesday August 19-20 , 2019
Doing Sunday's Blog, "my head must have been in the potato patch", as my sainted Mom used to say.  That yellow flower is a Daisy (thank you sister Yvette for the correction), and.... those weren't geese going west, but rather Ibis (which I saw going east this morning..).
Monday I walked the dogs with the camera slung around my neck and that darn rabbit actually hid from me, and we only had the promise of a spectacular sunrise that didn't happen.
Cristina was actually up real early to spend the day running around in German's car with her niece Ana.  The 2 days of outings did her some good.  We spend too much time in the house.
I had larger heads of cabbage for cutting up for my salad lunches and actually had enough for 11 meals this time.  It is strange that I never tire of my salads and actually look forward to them.

Today I again packed the camera on the dog walk and the open lot bunny eluded me.  Drat!  The sunrise was promising but really low this morning too.
I finally got my reply from Ted's Electronics after the promised 7 business days and it was again the silly, lazy "do a return through eBay"...  They have deliberately stalled me past the 30-day return window so that return is no longer a possibility.  So I wrote them asking that they at least have the courtesy to throw the 2 small items that they shorted me into an envelope and send them to me.
Then I filed a grievance with eBay about getting the wrong lens, the $85 difference in price, and the other 2 items not sent.  Then I posted my feedback on eBay and other sites about my experience with their so-called Customer Service department and what a joke they are.  So now there probably is not much more I can do except to make the best of it.
I have, until now, hesitated to use the 70-300 zoom, and I will probably wait a couple of more days pending responses from Ted's and/or eBay.
I grabbed Cristina and we slipped into Tulua for lunch at Bizcochito again.  We both ate our fill, I had a juice, she had a coffee, and it was less than $1.50...
We made a pit stop to drop off Miguel's movies that I had borrowed then went for gas at one station, but they only had premium gas so we went to another.  At the current exchange rate, regular gas is $2.83 USD an American gallon. There are 3.79 liters in a US gallon, so it is about $0.75 USD a liter, or about $1 Canadian a liter.  How does that compare these days??  Gasoline and utilities are the expensive items here.
When I returned home, the earlier camera experience did remind me that I do have a 2.2X Teleconverter and a Wide-angle lens available!  So I tested both of those.  The big spider between our trees has fled the scene...  These tack-on lenses are OK in a pinch, but they certainly don't add to the clarity.  I will have to test them again some day without the UV filter in between to see if that makes a difference.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
11 cabbage lunches in progress

Monday's sun could not get under the cloud cover

This was the bast that it got on Monday
Today's sunrise was really a minor event

Not much cloud to light up nicely

The buzzards were up early to enjoy it though

That's all it was folks...
Testing the 2.2X coverter on the big spider

Then on the medium one

Our plantains need water

The artificial flower looks good

Rex and Turi

Zoomed out halo for Turi, Princesa, Nina and Rex

Testing on Tom Thumb too a little farther away, no cropping
Not great, but a creditable job

Tom continues to trust me

We had a 3 hummer battle at the feeders in the morning

We can do much better...  Itching to try the big zoom

Wide-angle test on my computer screen

Yes, this is certainly a pretty wide angle shot (with halo)