Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tuesday August 13, 2019 Heat


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday August 13, 2019
It is so darn hot that we just wilt and want to hide in the bedroom with a fan as company.  It is getting to 32c every day and cooling off the house overnight only lasts until Cristina has to cook food for the dogs.
So Monday we just napped and I worked on photos to kill time.  We did a quick trip to the cemetery for adjustments to flowers.
In the evening I went walking with Aram for exercise and brought the camera but did not see anything interesting to photograph.

This morning I walked the dogs and went back to bed for 3/4 of an hour.  When I got up, I saw Buddy sneezing up blood so I got Cristina and we were at the vet's before 8am.  Buddy appeared fine after that initial episode but we were taking no chances.   The vet didn't show up until 9:10.  Then he did a very thorough examination and gave Buddy at least 4 different injections and told us to keep him out of the sun today.
I went out back with the camera briefly and caught a few of the spiders in the back corner.  I also saw that my piles of twigs and leaves was really dry, there was no wind, so I started the fire which caught easily.  I was worried that I was going to fry some of the neighbour's wires hanging over the wall but I think they survived the brief heat blast.  
I worked more on photos to while away the time while Cristina was all afternoon at the Animal Park.
At 6pm I went walking with Aram again, wearing sneakers this time, and we were able to walk a good distance.  My left foot has been having this feeling that it has a big wet broken blister, but it is just that... a feeling.  Weird, but not insurmountable.  I read something the other day about the evils of wearing flip-flops so maybe there is something to it.  I will give the flip-flops and sandals a few days rest to see how I fare.
Aram said that his brother-in-law claims that a motorcycle drive-by shooting in the park 2 blocks away claimed 2 victims.  Cristina said later that they heard the volley of shots very clearly at the Animal Park.  That is really the first major violence that I have heard of in a long time so I can only hope that it was just the bad sort of people getting their just desserts.  Years ago, the sugar cane fields surrounding here were daily repositories of bodies in the drug wars according to the locals.  We don't feel threatened in any way as we keep to ourselves, don't flash money around and don't associate with the wrong crowds. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Lovely dusk at the cemetery

Lovely mausoleum

I wish that I had this view at home.

I think the rose is in full bloom

I hate spiders...

Or rather, I hate the webs...

But they kill bugs and are no danger to us

..except for the icky webs

This is a small guy

The firebug is at it again

Small fire, tremendous heat...

Almost a full moon tonight