Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday August 11, 2019 Racing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday August 11, 2019
Honestly, if I wasn't half-awake and feeling guilty if I didn't walk the dogs, I would never have arisen this morning.  Part of the reason is that I had committed to go to David's to watch the MotoGP race from Austria at 7am.  To get ready and drive into Tulua with eyes half-closed was not an enticing prospect for a one-hour race, ... but then I would have missed one of the most exciting races of the season.
My #1 guy, Marc Marquez (bike #93) had the usual pole position but faltered in the first lap and fell to 4th place.  But he fought his way back and duelled with bike #20, Quartararo and bike #04,Dovizioso (my #2 fave).  There were a lot of lead changes and secondary battles and Marquez had the lead late in the race, like usual.  But Dovizioso showed his skill, duelling for the lead and overtaking Marquez brilliantly on the last corner to win the race.
I have been using that tiny portable speaker with my USB memory stick of my Oldies music next to the computer and it is very soothing and, at times, I get carried away and sing along.  I ignore the dogs covering their ears.
The heat is oppressive.  1:30 and it is 31C here.  Praying for rain already.
Last night at Wolf's I was trying to find my personal website with my phone and was unsuccessful...  I just re-did all those websites so I don't know if my memory is faulty or if I have indeed lost it....  My next project.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

And they're off, with #93 Marquez in the lead

Still leading

Dropped to 2nd, Quartararo leading

One bobble on lap 1 and dropped to 4th place

Still 4th

Dovizioso takes the lead, Marquez is 2nd
Just look at the speeds!

Marquez on the chase

Marquez overtakes

Holding the lead

They can get over 300kph

Dovizioso takes the lead
Can he hold it?

Marquez is dangerous

Marquez overtakes for the last lap

Can he hold it?

Dovizioso makes his move on the last corner

A brilliant inside overtake
The Ducati people are ecstatic

He gets in front

Dovizioso charges for the win, Marquez salutes him.

Awesome finish

My #2 fave wins!

Congrats Dovi...

Our rose continues to delight

My Nina is never far from my side
2 bird feedres and 3 growing plantain trees.

Tom keeps sneaking in when I'm not around...