Thursday, August 22, 2019

Thursday August 22, 2019 Busy


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday August 22, 2019
There was still no bunny rabbit in the open lot today.  I hope nothing has happened to it. 
I filled the hummingbird feeders then had a few naps until Cristina came home with 2 more dogs for baths and resettlement to the Tulua Refuge.  One is an older pup and black, with a white cross on her chest.  Cristina calls her Fiona.  She was pretty shy with me at first but then she warmed up.  The baby tan puppy she calls Chiquitita for now and it cozied up to me right away.  I held her next to my heart and she was happy as a clam, fast asleep in no time.   Cristina and Claudia bathed them both then we jumped in the car to take them first to Adiela's.
I was surprised to see our main vet, John Faber Rojas, sitting at the table having some single malt scotch whiskey with Miguel.  John is interested in learning to own and operate a "professional" camera, so he is looking to buy one of mine, either the Sony or the Canon.  He and Miguel will come over next Wednesday afternoon and we will spend half a day explaining photography.
John has a couple of favourite photos, both very small and hard to work with, but I told him to send them to me anyway so I could play with them and show him some post-processing, so he did.  Results are below...
Then we headed once more with the two dogs and were just about to pull into the Refuge when I saw something in the middle of the road and swerved to avoid hitting it.  It turned out to be a nice-sized Iguana who appeared to be having a little mobility problem.  Lots of motorcycles take that back road so maybe one clipped it..??  Anyway, I tried to shoo it to the side of the road and it simply swished its long tail at me and gave me dirty looks.  Some guys on a motorcycle came by, found a long, sturdy palm leaf, slipped under Mr Iguana and lifted him over the embankment and onto a large tree.  This seemed to give new life to the fellow and he crawled up the tree, out of sight.  I don't know why I was so shocked to see an iguana in a tree, I guess I had forgotten that the first one I had ever seen was in a tree in Costa Rica.  However, since then, all I had seen were iguanas on land at the coast in Ecuador, or marine iguanas in the Galapagos.
Then we had to scour several pharmacies to try to find an injectable drug for Adiela.  Fourth time lucky...
I sent John Faber my versions of his 2 photos, etc and I think he is impressed.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Horses we see always on our morning walk

Very basic surise today, no clouds to help out

This was the best for today

Fiona is blessed with a cross on her chest

A soggy Chiquitita

Gotta love helpless puppies

 
A rosebud happening on our rose bush

Blanca is getting more accustomed to us

This is old hat for Bruna

Spider #2

Spider #3

Beautiful markings on Grigi
A shot from the back corner of our backyard

A rare visit from Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

Princesa

Grigi, Nene and Nina

Fiona getting braver after eating

Such a lovely puppy
Who can say no to this face?

Dr John Faber Rojas

Miguel is very expressive

Our medium-sized Iguana on the road

Great markings and muted colours

It is almost like it has eye make-up and jewelry

He was in no hurry to vacate the road

He was happy to be put on a tree

I cleaned up this great photo John sent me

I quickly picked 15 options for playing with the boring background

I ended up choosing this one

My version of a sunset photo he also sent me

I think he was surprised to see this version...