Thursday, August 8, 2019

Thursday August 8, 2019 Birthday


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday August 8, 2019
I got tired of waiting for a response about my Nikon order foul-up from Ted's Electronics so I phoned the office again, asking to speak with the head of the organization.  This lady named Maria said that she was in the position of authority and that she would scour my case, discuss it with her team, and get back to me within 5-7 business days.  Hopefully they will see the error of their ways this time.
 
By 1:30 we had gone into Tulua to the Yerbabuena restaurant to help David and friends celebrate Irma's Birthday, which was actually 2 days ago.  I managed to make her a Birthday card saying Happy 29th Birthday with many years of added experience.  We don't want to say that that probably adds about 5 decades....
We were joined by Berthold and Zenaida, Wolf and Fabiola, her daughter Elizabeth with hubby Alex and daughter Valeri.  
By Colombian standards, Yerbabuena is a very classy, upscale restaurant with prices to match, but by N.A. standards, it is still a great bargain.  David allowed everyone to order starters, soup, salads, meals, drinks, and more, whatever anyone desired.  He recommended the Filet Mignon.  I decided on the 3-pepper steak at 35,900 pesos, or $10.66 at today's exchange!  I added black pepper as well, lol.  The meals are all top-notch.
Then we had a moist chocolate Birthday cake (only one candle) and everyone was very sated.
I must say that I am very impressed with the Nikon this day.  The pictures are excellent,... even the group shots taken by the waiter.

We had to stop by at Adiela's to swap dog crates and then had to take Ana Julia to the gambling parlor for something...  cashing in a winning number??  I don't know...
Then we had a pit stop at the cemetery where I had to water the plants a bit because it has been a long dry spell.  I slipped over to Gilma's to bring her some oranges and she jumped in with me to come back to the cemetery.  It is the one year anniversary of the death of her mother who is buried near Christian.  We were there until dark.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Irma with my Bithday card











 
Meat menu

Elizabeth, Alex and Valeri



Wolf and Fabiola



Zenaida and Berthold


3-Pepper Steak, mashed potatoes, (also rice and salad)

Calamari rings









Group shot