Monday, August 26, 2019

Monday August 26, 2019 Crazy


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday August 26, 2019
This routine is getting tiresome and upsetting, but rewarding.  Our dogs get their walk at 5:30 and the wild bunny is missing in action still.
Cristina was a dervish this morning and had Claudia bring over another sick dog with cancer and a severely prolapsed vagina.  Another lovely, sweet dog that I have called Rocas because the spots on her back look like a rock stack.  We left the house at 7:30 and went to the Animal Park to pick up Nina, the rabbit killer, and we had our Buddy in the car.  The drive in to the vet was not fun or quiet but the dogs were angels in all the time we spent at John's office, from 8 to 10:30am.   Rocas came home with us and she sticks pretty close to me like all the new strays do.
I got caught up on my chores once we got back home, had lunch and a quick nap, I was just bagged...  Exito called and they were here around 2:30 to drop off the new stove.  These guys do not do installations.  I looked at it and figured that I had the tools and the wherewithall to do the job but I honestly had never done it before, so I was hesitant about making a mistake and blowing us all up.  So we called Carlos to help us in the evening.
Cristina wanted to go to a finca to the west, in Campo Alegre, owned by an animal sympathizer who is running for Councillor in Andalucia.  The elections are apparently in October.  We tried to get me registered to vote, but I guess a person needs a Resident cedula to qualify.  
I wandered the amazing grounds and enjoyed the wonderful plants, flowers and orchids.  Then we picked up some posters to put on the house.  They are apparently going to do a little parade here for this candidate.  We have one going by here almost every day and they are just ignored.  I can't see that helping anyone get elected.  Going door-to-door and actually introducing yourself as an intelligent, caring person would go 10 times as far, in my book anyway....
Carlos came around 7:30 and we installed the new stove using my tools and doing exactly what I would have done, but better...  He started to remove the coupling without turning off the gas, until I said something, then he did not separate 2 couplings and almost twisted the hose off...  I honestly don't know how this guy can call himself a contractor.  
Then my friend Tom from Manizales (up north about 2 hours) had contacted me to help him find a Siamese cat through our animal connections.  I mentioned this to Adiela yesterday and she came through today.  I sent the photos and info to Tom on WhatsApp and he loves the cat.  We promised to get it sterilized, wormed, vaccinated, etc at his cost and he will pick it up next Tuesday.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start




 
Rocas just might be a new addition to our family....

The new stove is awaiting installation

Gorgeous trees, bushes, flowers at this acreage

Many orchids seem to have faces

Such colour and beauty

Many flowers here
The orchids are spectacular

Lighthouse flower?

So cool

Bougainvillea

Orchids galore

Orchids of every colour
Is that the face of a tiger in there?

These too?

and this one too?

Plant has antlers,lol

Pretty, oh so pretty

Stunning colour

This is about 1/4 of the property

A rude red plant

Doubly rude...

More orchids with interesting shapes...

Political advertising on our house

They help animals

so we will help them

Tom's new cat