Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday August 27, 2019 Bugs


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday August 27, 2019
Still no sign of the wild bunny....
I grabbed the Nikon when I spotted some interesting items in the back. 
I was surprised to see a new large insect on the patio that looked like a grasshopper disguised as a leaf.  It is called a Giant Katydid.  This one looks like it just got itself untangled from a spider web.  It had web crap all over its antennae and feet.
Cristina picked a Zapallo (Zapayo) from the long vine we have along the wall.  It is a type of squash/melon of the type that I am not usually too fond of.. think cantaloupe...
We went into Tulua on a buying trip this morning after a pitstop at the cemetery.  Our first stop was at a butcher shop where Cristina could get pork livers/heart for basically 30c a pound.  This is for dog food to strengthen the sick dogs, and there are a lot of sick street dogs.  Then we picked up a specialized dog medicine on the next corner, and checked out Super Mascotas vet clinic for dog treats, but they didn't have the ones we usually get there.
Then it was off to LA14 for our grocery run.  I have 3 days of cabbage left but not the complimentary veggies and fruit.  I was also frightfully low on Mayo.
As we headed to the checkout we saw David and Irma sitting by the deli counter so we joined them for a bit.  He had just called me on WhatsApp and also left a phone message but I honestly never heard my phone make a sound...  Weird.  Cristina surprised me by hitting them up for money to help pay for Rocas' chemotherapy treatments.  Apparently they want to do 8 treatments at 50,000 pesos ($17) each.  David was very kind to contribute one treatment.
Then we decided to stop at the German Restaurant because it was lunchtime.  Berthold and Zenaida had a special on hamburgers so I had to try that.  Cristina had their delicious sausage platter.  I have trouble finding a decent hamburger with tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese, (Bacon?), ketchup and lots of mustard.  This burger was a type of pressed ham, no mustard, sloppy, and I couldn't eat it all.  Our old neighbour's will soon get a visit from me to get the right kind of burger.  The guy on the next corner can rise to the occasion as well, but they all open too late for my liking.  I like to eat around 6pm and their doors aren't even open.
I used the Lumix in Tulua.
By my calculations, next Monday Sept 2, we will again have the sun passing over directly overhead as it makes its way to the equator and further south.  So right now we have clear skies, tremendous heat (33.4 a few minutes ago), and no shadows to speak of at noon-time.  Also no rain for many days and the plants and old men are suffering.
So, I tried to get the car washed at 1pm and th guy said he had a big truck to do, return at 5pm.  I came back and he complained his helper wasn't there to help him with the truck so he couldn't take me.  I now have an appointment at 6am tomorrow.  You know that washing my car is almost an iron-clad guarantee of rain.  I would be happy if even the threat of a car wash would work tonight..
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start


Cristina loves the new stove

Giant Katydid

2

3

4

Our rosebud has bloomed

This flower is the start of a Zapallo

5

6

Zapallo

My smart sister says this is a daisy

Vermilion Flycatcher in the tree

No shadow to speak of when the sun is almost directly above

The same on the other side of Lizzie

Berthold and Zenaida prepare our lunch

This is a ham-burger