Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday August 24, 2019 Pups


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday August 24, 2019  Updated
Even though I may wake up earlier once or twice, it is amazing how I manage to look at the clock every day at 4:33...  then I watch it until after 5:20 when I get up to walk the dogs.  I was so super tired this morning.
I took a photo of the horses this morning without a flash.  I am amazed at how well it came out.
Then it was a rush for me to do poop patrol in the dawn light (I am sure that I missed a lot) so that we could leave at 7:30am.  
We went to the Animal Park to pick up the other Nina (the rabbit killer) to take her to the vet John Rojas for a final chemo treatment after her vagina surgery.  We had our Buddy along for an inspection of his nose (which seems to be way better).  As we are about to leave Cristina mentions that we should call the vet to be sure that he is there... WTF...??  I try several ways and he is not answering.  We get into his clinic in Tulua and he is indeed not there, and is not expected to be....  I had expected that this would be another crazy day and my premonition was correct.  So we rush the dogs back to their respective homes.
There is supposed to be an animal adoption event somewhere put on by Adiela's group at 8:30am.  About 8:40am we are leaving home again to run into the Tulua Refuge to help prepare puppies for adoption.  Two vets are there to help Adiela and we are all getting about 6 pups ready.  Puppies are just so darn cute, lovable and playful.  My job is to keep them out of mischief. 
After 10am we stuff the pups in our car, the vet Diana jumps in too, and we head to the location of the nearby event.  We go to turn on the main road, the vet had been on the phone, and I am told to turn around and go back, there are no people attending the event!  I feel so sorry for these wonderful people that do all this thankless work to try to find homes for these defenseless animals.
Later Cristina shows me a video of a heartwarming delivery of an adopted puppy to a family that already has a large Golden.  The video of the Golden playing with the puppy is priceless.
So we are heading home and nearing the corner to go to the German Restaurant and I am thinking of suggesting a stop there when Cristina openly suggests it!  We agree and, as we pull up, I call David and Irma to join us as they live nearby but I can't get through.  I was just re-dialling when David pulls up alongside us with Irma!  What an incredible coincidence!
Then it turns out that it is Wolf's 72nd Birthday celebration and there are other Colombian, German, and Italian friends, with us Canadians and Americans to join in the festivities.  We had unknowingly crashed the Birthday party!  I was hungry so I ate 2 of Berthold's sausage dishes ($2 each) and had a beer.  It was amazing that the group could communicate in the mixture of Spanish, German and Italian, and everybody had a good time.
When we got home I headed straight to bed and conked out for 2 badly needed hours.  Luckily the afternoon is mostly cloudy/smoky and the temperature is livable, it doesn't feel like the 30C on the thermometer.  I would not doubt that we are getting some smoke from the Amazon wildfires.
Now we must prepare for another big day tomorrow..

UPDATE...  Went for a walk with Aram near sunset and walked east, above the church to start with, then headed south along the top of Andalucia.  Really, not much of  a sunset so I took a few liberties in the processing.  We came across a group of horses that all were friendly, except one who took a nip at Aram.
Then we stumbled upon a volleyball tournament going on the the gymnasium a couple of blocks away.  We didn't stay long.  Aram had to get home to help his wife Liliana who had a pin installed in her broken foot this morning.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
No flash!  I am amazed at this!

Gotta love puppies

Fiona is dressed for adoption
Black dogs are harder to get adopted

Puppies to go for the adoption event

Turkey vultures still looking for me

They look pretty in the sky

I love the white-tipped wings

They soar in never-ending circles

David, Irma, Cristina, Fabiola and Zenaida

Wolf is 72

Fabiola, Wolf, David

David & Irma
Update:

6pm Mass was in progress

Actual boring sunset

Enhanced sunset

And another

Aram with horses.  Nasty one is at far left

Girls volleyball tournament

Way more advanced than in my time...