Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday August 2, 2019 Schmoozing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday August 2, 2019
Happy 17th Birthday to my youngest grandson, Tyson.
I was kinda hoping that the vet, John Faber Rojas, was going to make it over here today to look at my cameras for sale but it turned out that he was sterilizing 30 cats today at a house not far away and his day was full.  We supplied them with a large floor fan for the day because it is hot work.
It was quite a memory ordeal to try to put together what went with which camera, what I could let go, or not...  Then I had to figure out the going rate for the cameras, lenses and accessories to make him a good deal.  Frankly, I really doubt that he will want the big cameras, but I am hoping I am wrong.
We were invited to meet David and Irma for cocktails at La Herradura at 4pm.  I left early to go to Bancolombia to pay my car insurance in full.  I discovered that they were charging 18% to finance the premium for a year, versus the 3% that we charged in Canada.  Aftre waiting impatiently in line the card did not want to work to pay that bill.... Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Then I tried to sneak into Movistar to see why they were charging me extra on my cel phone bill.  The lineup there was scary, Grrrrrrrrr, so we just went next door to Dollar City for an item I wanted.
 We met David and Irma, and I quickly ran to the Bancolombia branch there only to find the lineups were also crazy....  Grrrrrrrrrrrr  Shortly after, Wolf and Fabiola also joined the party and we spent 2 hours drinking beer and eating popcorn and swapping life experiences.
We stopped in to see the vet doing his assembly-line sterilizations.  I am not really squeamish but I hate seeing a poor animal with half its guts sticking out before being sewn up.
We came home and saw Aram, Liliana and Yireh walking their dog Cooper at our corner so we invited them in for salad since it didn't work out last night.  I gave them a tutorial on how to make my world-famous cabbage salad and everybody had a bowl, ...even Yireh who doesn't like salads normally...  Cooper is only 7 months old but is pretty well behaved under the careful watch of Yireh.  He did not bother our dogs much at all.
Then Aram wanted me to take some photos of them with the new camera so I obliged them.  I showed him some of my processing before they left, and he picked out a couple of options.  I continued to work on the photos which I sent to him later via WhatsApp.  He was very pleased with the results.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start


 
Wolf, Irma, David, Fabiola and Cristina

Just hanging out on a Friday afternoon

Having a few pops, and popcorn

Some of the cats sleeping off the anesthetic

Yireh and Cooper

She is a good trainer


Aram helps a lot with the dog

Aram & Cooper


The smooch was their idea
Aram & Liliana posing

He picked this version

He liked this as well

My version


A full length pose