Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Wednesday Dec 19, 2018 BBQ


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday Dec 19, 2018
Tuesday: Boy, we all went back to bed after chores in the morning.  Cristina is spending a lot of time in bed lately, but she is very cheerful when she is up and around.
Because I have a backlog of over 400 photos to upload for sale (at only 1 per day) I can afford to be a little choosy and show off better quality work.  I actually got busy this afternoon and finished off my Ecuador and Colombia photos to June 22/18 already.  If I keep up this pace I will surely be bored very quickly.
Wednesday:  
Yesterday we made arrangements to have David and Irma visit today for a BBQ.  We defrosted a lot of Lomo Fino (Filet Mignon) and I was up at 5:45 and have been on the go ever since...  Now I know why we don't invite people often, because it really is so much work to get everything ready, and to clean everywhere so it looks presentable.  It was also an excuse to clean the BBQ itself and all the utensils.
I started making juice from the many oranges I had accumulated below the trees and then Cristina said she would get me more,.. and she did...  I started out with a small pitcher but ended up filling our largest pitcher easily.   And, to me, it is great the way it is, completely natural,.. no need to add sugar.  I love it!
We made a quick run into LA14 for supplies and groceries.  I could not find bacon bits so I bought baby potatoes instead and Del Monte sweet corn.  I boiled the potatoes for a bit then added a lot of butter and onions.
David and Irma came at 5pm and at about 5:30 I got to barbequeing before the light faded.  I did the steaks in 3 stages, because Cristina and I like them medium well, David likes medium, and Irma likes them with the horns removed.  It wasn't perfect, but everybody ate well.
Because of the dearth of English-speakers in this neck of the woods we do really enjoy our time with this nice couple.  
Our dogs were actually very well behaved during this visit.  Actually we are really pleased with the progress of the dogs' deportment overall, inside and outside.  They are getting the hang of what is expected of them and we have had almost no accidents.  We love our doggies.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
A ton of juice squeezed this morning

These are the leftovers

Irma is very sweet

David is very knowledgeable