Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday Dec 14 , 2018 Practicing


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday Dec 14 , 2018
Tomorrow will be four weeks since Cristina's operation and it seems a lot longer than that already.  She is doing just amazing.  Little by little, she is getting back to some of her normal routines and testing her limits.  For the most part she is bored so she sleeps almost 16 hours per day.
And, once I am done my chores in the morning I am feeling pretty bored too.  I don't watch much of the boring boob-tube so I play with the dogs a lot and try to find things to do.
This morning I did get back to walking the dogs and that did feel good.  I also finally refilled the 3 hummingbird feeders.  I figured that I should not give up hope just yet.
I was hoping for a nicer day but it remained overcast so I decided to try practicing with the Canon doing manual shooting like the old days anyway.  That means setting everything on Manual for taking a shot, from the ISO, to the aperture, shutter speed and the focus.  Of course that means I had to go back inside for some reading glasses so I could see what I was doing.
I set up on my big tripod on the patio and tried to find a sneaky angle to shoot with lots of depth of field for some birds and a couple of our dogs.
While the shots are nothing to write home about, it is nice to know that I have remembered a lot of what I learned back in the 70's when starting out with film cameras.  My first good camera was called a Miranda and it was awesome.  When I moved to a Canon T70 with a Tamron 70-210 lens that could focus and zoom in the same motion I almost never had a bad shot.  We can't get lenses like that any more, and I don't know why.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

 
These are at full zoom from far away..

Lots of depth of field in these shots

Nina likes to explore and dig.  We have to watch her.

These are our most common birds here

They dominate the feeder

But they are friendly

They share with the brighter birds

Turi, my darling, is such a great dog

Cristina keeps this feeder stocked up

The feeder is almost always busy

This is a relaxing sight

Still waiting for my hummingbirds