Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunday Dec 30, 2018 Cemetery


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Dec 30, 2018
I walked the dogs at 5:45am and, because I had had a pretty decent sleep, I stayed up and got after my chores.  Because the vet is on holidays tomorrow we took in Cafe to the vet for hopefully her final chemo treatment.  We have to bring her back in 15 days or so to be checked.  If the chemo has not worked they may have to operate.
I stopped at a vegetable store 2 blocks away and picked up enough supplies for a week's salads for $6.  I wonder how much that would all be in Canada?
This should be a coolish season with the sun about as far south as it can go but the mornings have been almost cloudless so the day warms up pretty quickly.  By midday we just want to nap...
Today was Carlos' 49th birthday.  I was shocked to find out that he is 2 days short of being 20 years younger than me, and also younger than Cristina!  The family went to some nearby swimming pool today and invited us but we passed on that.
Around 5pm we went to the cemetery, bought a new bouquet and watered the plants.  It has been almost 2 weeks without any kind of rain so it is getting very dry.  Carlos also showed up there and we held a small vigil for a bit.
I spotted another hawk way up on the dead palm but it is tough to get a decent shot at that distance in failing light.
We then went to El Centro and had pizza for supper before finally enjoying the lights in the park.
I don't know what the holiday schedule is for here but it seems like we are in for a night of celebrations tonight.  Poor Negrita will be jumping in my arms at the first firecracker or fireworks.  The neighbours across the street have the street jammed with cars so I think we are in for a noisy night.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
The photos don't do the misty mountains any justice at all

This is a little better

And this.  Love this scene.

13 months.  Hard to believe...

The hawk at full zoom

Lovely cemetery


Cristina's smiley pinwheel

Flower atop our new bouquet

I thought this was very pretty

Santa's sleigh was popular

Cool huge star for photos

Another angle on Santa and reindeers

More light on a far corner

I kinda like this creation although Santa is a tad tacky