Saturday, December 8, 2018

Saturday Dec 8, 2018 Fiesta


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Dec 8, 2018
After walking the dogs I just hit the sack again until Cristina got me up in a panic to take Lina's second dog, Estrella (Star) (our Nina's sister), to get fixed.  So we picked it up and headed to the vet at Super Mascotas where Adiela has a free pass to get street dogs fixed.  Initially the owner was balking at doing it and was on the phone with Adiela for over 20 minutes sorting it out.  
Then we had 3 hours to kill so naturally we went shopping at the nearby La Herradura.  It is a good thing because I found good jean shorts for $10 and an angle grinder for $15, plus my favourite almost-pepperoni sticks.
We picked up Estrella at 12:30 and came back and Lina who said the 2 dogs fight too much for Estrella to recuperate safely, so guess who now has Estrella in the midst of 8 other dogs for a couple of days..... I was NOT a happy camper.
I was very hesitant to leave the new dog with the other 8, but the chance to see a bunch of Paso Fino horses in a parade a block away was just too much to pass up.  Those absolutely beautiful horses with the amazing gait are simply incredible!  
We went out at the supposed start time (from the edge of town) and waited at the main park with a lot of other folks.  The main road has been blocked off for hours.  While we were out we bought some more candles for our faroles.  At 4pm there was still nobody coming up the road so we came home and fed the dogs.  Estrella is never more that 2 feet away from me.  She wouldn't eat the stuff with the others but sure enjoyed sharing my sandwich with me.  I needn't have worried, our other 8 dogs are really super at accepting new ones into our home.
At 5pm we went and got lucky as the horse parade began to start.  I took a few photos but took more movies which I have combined in this video that I put on YouTube at https://youtu.be/ZNFLLtXscwo.  I am sure that we only saw a small part of the parade but it was getting darker, bad light, so getting good shots or movies was getting sketchy,.. and they were coming really slow.  
Oh, behind me was a couple of girls, one who had the face of Salma Hayek, and a gorgeous girlfriend, who looked like my friend Andrea from Cuenca,   who were much more interested in taking their own selfies than any shots of the parade.  Mind you, If I was that good looking, I might do that too....  
Not that I notice such things, but there sure were an abundance of strikingly beautiful Colombianas today, often wearing not much more than a bra and pants, ...even on the horses.
So, about 5:45 we got home, moved the dogs back outside, packed up and headed for the cemetery.   I had made sure that I had beer, my "pepperoni", my Canon, and my tripod.  Oh, ..and our best flashlight...  We knew that getting there would be dicey because the parade was going right down our route, but we hoped they were allowing traffic to go by further up.  No soap.  After taking back roads, we came by a policemen who kindly told us not to bother, the cemetery was closed because of the parade.
So, here we are, having a second beer and pepperoni and having trouble typing...
I hope you enjoy the pictures, and movie(s).  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

Estrella is a carbon copy of Nina, except for color

People lined up to see the parade near the main park

Even Leonel Messi stopped by

Different kinds of horses were in evidence too

Beautiful horses and riders

Salma Hayek and my friend Andrea, lol
Lots of horses and riders, and it is getting darker... boo hoo