Thursday, December 20, 2018

Thursday Dec 20, 2018 Dogs


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday Dec 20, 2018
This morning Cristina was expecting Omaira to help her bake some cakes or pies but, for some reason, she couldn't make it.
After chores, I tried to nap but the mental picture of the destroyed screen on the back door was sticking in my craw so I put on my back brace, lifted off the door and dragged it to sit on my fancy ladder out back to fix it.  
I was debating whether to put the new metal screen on the inside of the back door (as is working on the lavanderia door) but ended up putting it on the outside.  It isn't fancy, but the center section actually has a triple layer of protection.  I am hoping that the dogs will quickly realize the futility of attacking it.
Then I chopped up my cabbages, red and green, for a good week's worth of my salads.  By then it was 1:30 and Cristina was still napping so I started preparing the leftover steak, etc from yesterday for lunch.  That was delicious so I finished off all the dishes from yesterday and today.
Then Cristina needed to go check on the dog that we had 'fixed' for the poor lady near Lina's.  Apparently everything was OK, especially since we 'donated" a cone to keep the dog from messing with her stitches.  That whole neighborhood is just crawling with street animals.  It just pained me to see some street cats with a lot of mange.  So sad.
We blitzed over to the cemetery as it started spitting rain and we quickly watered our plants and flowers.
Then we went over to Angela and Gilma's for food for our dogs.  Their kindergarten is closed until February for holidays so I don't know where all this food is coming from, but we are grateful.  I was supposed to go get this last night but the dogs had already been fed so it waited until today.  I was just too bagged last night.  
The heavens opened very briefly as we left, and I was grateful for the free car wash for my dirty car from our Sunday trip.  When I got home I just wiped the car down and it looks pretty good.
I dug out my new angle-grinder that I had bought for $15 or so, more to see if it came with a grinding disc or not....  Yes, there was a disc so I put it together and then ran it for a minute as per the instructions.  That should be a good investment since I don't have a place to set up a desktop grinder.
It was very warm today so the late afternoon rain is very welcomed as we have the fans going to cool the house down for nighttime. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Hopefully the dogs can't get through this!

Street cats.  The front one was really mangy.

Rain at Carlos' family compound

Cristina, Negrita, Turi, Cafe, and Buddy (hidden)

Negrita, Buddy (hidden), Cristina, Princesa and NeNe

Princesa, NeNe, and Nina