Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday Dec 6, 2018 Faroles


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday Dec 6, 2018
This morning, about 3:30am I was rudely awakened by Mariposa who I largely ignored and was rewarded with a large wet spot on my bed.  I was lucky to feel that as quickly as I did and ripped off the bedding.  We also have a waterproof protector on all the beds for just these eventualities.  I didn't even try to sleep after that, so it will be an early night tonight.
I fought to get information about Movistar's ISP address, username and password for our router/modem by actually phoning them and managing to make myself understood.  It is one thing to be able to ask a question, but it is quite another to understand the answer, but I did OK on both scores.  However the IP address they use does not want to open to allow us to make necessary changes, so I am awaiting word from the NetTalk techies...  Grrrrrr.
After lunch we went into Tulua to buy faroles, which are basically candle lanterns, made of paper and plastic, go figure...  We needed ones mounted on solid sticks to post around the grave for the 2 day celebration of the Feast Of The Immaculate Conception.  Cristina bought 8 of them.  Friday and Saturday the vigil begins at dusk.  Apparently people do this at their homes too.  That should be interesting.
Then we went to load up on dog food while we were nearby.
We stopped at Grandma Gilma's for the liquid dog supper just as she was pitting out this miniature Nativity scene on top of her TV.  I just love small nativity scenes and sadly we have nothing for celebrating Christmas here.  Cristina is just not in the mood for celebrating and I can't blame her, so I don't push it.
We got home, unloaded everything and fed the dogs only to find that the water is shut off a-g-a-i-n.... Groan.  Hopefully it won't be for long.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Trying to decide on which model of farole

Luckily Adiela knew where these are for sale

There are these "normal" ones, some electric

Then there are these on sharpened sticks.

These open up as big flowers with a plastic cup inside

Love these miniatures in metal