Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saturday Dec 1, 2018 Doggies


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Dec 1, 2018
This morning our little Nina was having the time of her life splashing through our mini-lake in the backyard.  We were thankful for a day of sunshine because the ground is just saturated.  We have to make a slight detour next to the wall to reach the rabbit hutch.  It is noticeable the improvement in Bugs' facial condition.  We must be doing something right.
Part of my morning routine is uploading one photo for sale to both RedBubble and Fine Art America.  I am also the Administrator of a Group for Selective Colour enthusiasts on FAA.  All these things take a little extra time and I spice it up by having a contest on the go almost all the time.  Today the new contest I started was for a Bird or Animal in selective colour.
I was laying in bed with the dogs this morning, feeling guilty that all my photos of late have been only with the little Lumix, so I decided to dig out the Canon and try to get some decent shots of the dogs.  Now the dogs are all rescues and normally camera-shy, and always moving, so I must say that I am really very happy with the results.  It is also giving me my faith back in the Canon.  I promise to experiment more later.
I also decided to finally make some of my own OJ from the few oranges that we had kept for ourselves.  It is actually nice and tart and I have avoided adding any sugar.
We took Lina's huge bouquet out to the cemetery and placed it in the top corner and re-arranged a couple of things.  With all the rain we have received, we sure didn't need to water anything except the bouquet.
Then we stopped downtown at the main square for a Cholado (ice flakes and fruit and juice) for $1 sold by a friend of Cristina's.  The church, with the nice sky behind made for a nice photo as well.
Then my daughter sends me a note on Facebook about being at a U of A Pandas game against U of Saskatchewan.  Her prospective daughter-in-law is captain of the Pandas and a pretty darn good hockey player.  But there is a Bailee Bourassa from Weyburn playing for U of S and she had the obvious question, to which the obvious answer is Yes, we are related,.. don't ask me how just yet..
The above incident reminded me when I lived in Edmonton many years ago and my neighbour, Kevon, dragged me to a U of A Bears game because his nephew was playing for U of S against them.  But there was a Bourassa also playing for the U of S Huskies who turned out to be my first cousin Derrick...  So this all has an element of deja-vu happening.....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
NeNe in his usual spot

NeNe is my little fighter

Mariposa is crazy like her mother

Buddy has the piercing eyes

Buddy, the lady-killer

Turi is my big calm girl

Turi is my number one girl

Negrita is learning to fit in
Negrita likes human contact

My lovable little brat Nina

Nina needs a little training

Cafe is getting over her cancer very well

Another shot of sex-symbol Buddy

Princesa is my faithful guard dog, and never far away

Our oranges don't get orange

But the juice is orange

These made some very tasty juice

Lina's huge bouquet for Christian

Quite the colourful gavesite

A cholado is a nice way to chill out for $1

The church on a lovely day