Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sunday Dec 9, 2018 Door Repair


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Dec 9, 2018
Last night Carlos came by around 8pm and said that the back road was now open to the cemetery, so we went.  Because there was virtually nobody else there, we just put out candles and the angel, but no faroles.  We just brought those home and put them away for next year.  And I was all ready with tripod and Canon to record this for posterity too.... boo hoo.
I slept with new dog Estrella, newly operated on and fixed today, and 4 others, so I got maybe 10 minutes of real sleep.  I had no room to turn and get comfortable.  Cristina had the other 4 in another room.
I still got up and put all the dogs outside, no walk today, too many of them would be howling, and did my outside chores with the bunnies and the poop.  Then a welcome coffee while I started my inside chores.
I tried to sleep again, with the company of 2-3 dogs, so that surely went nowhere.
I finally decided to just get up and get something accomplished today.  I lifted off the lavanderia door, took it outside and went to work to make it escape-proof, ..again.  The fine mesh, strong, screen that I had bought with the intention of using it full length on the outside back door was actually the right width for the lavanderia door so I started there, figuring that I only need to do the bottom half on both doors.  The screen is good and strong with a tight weave but the edges are murder on the lily white hands and I was soon bleeding in a few places.  However, I took my time and made it as safe as I could although I might have to find something better and stronger than packing tape to hold down the scratchy edges.  Now the gauntlet is thrown down to Negrita, Nina and, also temporarily, Estrella.  I hope they don't wreck their claws trying to get through this.
Since I could barely feel my hands and arms after that effort, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and I left the repair to the back door to another day.
It was a clear, sunny and hot day so the floor fans have been working overtime to keep a flow of air through the house.  I even used the AC for about 1/2 hour last night to cool off the bedroom.
I hope you enjoy the picture.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Fine screen on the bottom half should be like Fort Knox