Saturday, December 22, 2018

Saturday Dec 22, 2018 Out'N'About


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
Yahoo!  It is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Dec 22, 2018 - Updated
Something woke me about 2:23am and there was a party going on nearby.  I didn't get much sleep after that as I thought of how to prepare for another session with the NetTalk guy.
When doing chores I noted how much we are beginning to enjoy the back yard and so are the 8 dogs.  The Mango tree and the 3 orange trees are great, and a bonus is the shade they provide.
We were going to Dave and Irma's for a mixed American/Colombian brunch which certainly did not disappoint.  Any chance to have some bacon done just right was worth the price of admission alone, especially when it was free.  Good job David!
I had contacted David in advance when I realized that I could fulfill a request from the NetTalk guys to try the unit on a different network and router.  It took 2 hours for Reden at NetTalk to confirm that things are not configured right and he has to get permission to send me another new unit hopefully pre-configured from their end.  Our suspicion is that Movistar is blocking any other VOIP providers....  I may have to go begging at Movistar in the future to open this up.
Then Cristina wanted to go shopping at the 50% off floor of this huge clothing retailer.  I found a place to sit and shut my eyes while she dithers and dathers over things which drives me crazy.  Anyway, she came out with a beautiful blouse, 2 sweet dresses and a sports bra for under $35.  I have to admit that she is a good shopper, as long as I don't have to stand around.
We stopped for ice creams where we parked the car.  Sorry we took a few bites before I remembered to grab the Lumix from my fanny pack.  I had a simple banana split and she had a delightful fruit cup, each for about $1.30.
I stopped for gas but they surprisingly had no regular gas for sale.  I still have almost 1/4 tank so I decided to wait rather than pay the heavy freight for the premium gas.
We did the required quick stops at the cemetery for new flowers and to water the plants before going to get some more dog food at Gilma's.  We are always thankful for that and the dogs look forward to it as much as the morning walks.  Alejandro came by and said how thrilled he was with the remote-controlled car and that he has mastered doing wheelies with it.
Update - 6pm - We just had a small impromptu parade down our street, led by a band, then a few people in costumes.  Don't ask me if that butt is real... in this country, it sure could be.... 
Sorry, I had to put the parade pics first because of limitations with Blogspot...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

The band is to the right, and they were LOUD!

I liked the girl with the feathers.  Notice the butt under the window..

Lots of tall costumes

Is it real?  It certainly is possible here.


 
We really do have a huge yard

This is the view from the back

We soon will have a lot of mangoes

Many oranges are hitting the ripe colour too

Cristina ordering our ice cream dishes

My banana split

Her fruit cup

Her clothing purchases for under $35