Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Monday August 20, 2018 Boredom


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Monday August 20, 2018
Today was the day we were expecting to be moving to our new place but that is now delayed at least 8 days.  I am hoping to be able to move without problems on the 29th.
Not much is happening so I am busy replenishing my stock of photos for sale.  July was a good month and it appears that August will be decent as well.
From the moderator of the "Canadian Artists" group on RedBubble I received this cool message: 

Hi Al,
I want to let you know we’ve had a record number of views of the message about your feature this week.  Congratulations again!  Marilyn

I also am putting thoughts on paper about changes I want made to the new house, probably by Cristina's ex who is a good house contractor and who would be trustworthy.  Better to keep the money in the family.
I was bored in the evening so I resorted to watching television, flipping channels to try to find anything interesting to watch, like Novak Djokovic to win another tennis title..  He was hurt and dropped in the ranking a lot, presently ranked #10, after being #1 for a long time.  He beat #2 Roger Federer to win his second title in a row.  He is back!
Then I happened on a beauty contest called Miss Maja Colombia with delegates from various departments (provinces or states) and cities.  The term Maja is commonly used in Spain to refer to a beautiful woman and has an Indian-gypsy origin meaning "magic".    The story is that, "In the case of Miss Maja, contestants must have that "magic" quality, as well as being sympathetic, elegant, natural, and have a generous heart."
This competition was fast and didn't show any intelligence interviews, if any...  But the ladies were lovely, especially the sweetheart from our area, Valle (de Cauca), a 23-year-old named Danna Alvarez Munoz.  Her appearances always rightfully drew respectful loud applause and I was certain that she would be the shoo-in winner for sure.  She just had a great combination of natural beauty and poise, not plastic or awkward like many others.  However, she came in second to another lovely lady from Bolivar, Adriana José Russo, 18 years old.  I can't remember the last time I actually watched such a beauty contest.


I hope you enjoy the borrowed pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Lots of lovely contestants

The eventual winner

We had our hopes pinned on our local girl