Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday August 17, 2018 Registry


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Friday August 17, 2018
First the good news:  I received this official notice this morning that I am the Featured Artist in the CANADIAN ARTISTS group on RedBubble:
 https://www.redbubble.com/groups/canadian-artists/forums/11097/topics/476242-canadian-artists-featuring-al-bourassa-aug-17-2018
That makes me feel pretty proud and humble at the same time.  I had a good month in July selling artworks, so I guess my hard work is starting to get noticed.

We went back to the Registry (Land Titles?) office around 10am to register the house purchase.  We waited in line, and then the only guy working in the wicket did input some information and gave Cristina a slip to pay next door at Bancolombia..  Then we came back, stood in line again, and got another important paper to bring back on August 27th to reclaim our house documents...  Did I mention how much I love Latin American bureaucracy..

Feeling pretty good about this we called Angela, the old owner of the Andalucia house to see if we could come out and take notes and measurements on a few things.  No, she is working (she is usually studying on Fridays) and we got the bad news that she can't get into her new house until Aug 28...  Grrrr

To soothe our sorrows we had a nice lunch nearby and we both mindfully wandered into a "Dollar Store" across the street.  Both of us started filling little baskets, ...me with tools, and Cristina with squeaky dog toys (Mariposa is in heaven with those).  I found 2 more cheap amber sunglasses too.  The completed haul was only $16....  
Then Cristina said the larder is empty, and we need to eat for 11 more days here, so we made the trip to LA14 and soothed ourselves further with comfort foods, lol. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Do the work here, pay at the bank next door...

$16 got us a nice assortment of stuff