Monday, August 20, 2018

Sunday August 19, 2018 Roldanillo


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Sunday August 19, 2018
Saturday was a day of relaxation so I spent most of the day working on photos.    Late in the day Cristina decided that we should meet Adiela at the Dollar City store.  The most expensive items were about $3.50, and we love bargain stores so we bought more supplies for the dogs and the house and the car....
Sunday morning I was walking the dogs and they caught a movement on the ground which turned out to be a Peregrine Falcon again.  I am hoping it was the same injured one as before because this guy was walking easily and holding his wings in like normal.  That made me feel a lot better.
I did a little more phot work and also started to make plans to build a 2-storey lean-to in our new back yard for a workshop below and sunset lookout above.  I hope that I can pull that off.
Then Cristina decided that we should pick up Adiela and her Mom to go to Roldanillo, not far north of here, where they grew up.  It is just so beautiful driving under that canopy of trees that these little trips are fun, even worth the $6 in tolls.
We stopped at a place where Cristina and Adiela actually lived when they were aged 5 and 8 respectively.  Other relatives live there, I forget all the connections, but there was a "Franco" family tree emblem framed (Julia's family) and it is interesting that their family probably has original French ancestry...
One of the young men was also a photographer, albeit with just a cel phone, but he certainly had a good eye, some great shots, many of which he converted too Selective Color.  I have an affinity for Selective Color in my artworks, as most of you know, so much so that I host a group in Fine Art America for that genre of artworks.
Then we went further into town to visit another relative who had a home not unlike our new one, but much bigger with 7 bedrooms!  And she lives alone!
I kept pressing to leave before nightfall but was ignored.  We left as it was getting dark and about 5 miles later Adiela gets a phone call that Julia had forgotten her purse..., so we had to backtrack and retrieve it.
I am not greatly accustomed to the lights on Lizzie so I really do not like driving at night, which never used to bother me.  That lovely green canopy that I enjoy in the daytime turns into swooping black ghosts that dive at my vision at night.  Compound that with all the idiots in dark clothes on bicycles, or idiots on motorbikes with no taillights or reflective gear riding slowly on the narrow roadways and you have a recipe for disaster.  Getting onto the divided highway with lane markers is a huge relief.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Beautiful farming area across from the first group of cousins

Cristina and Adiela grew up in these 2 tiny houses

The family crest with some French background

Lovely bird

This canal is right behind them, controlled flow...

Cockatiel is one of their many pets

He was chatty and unafraid

 
Interesting plant looks like butterflies...

Enjoying the breeze outside

A family photo of relatives

And another

Many antiques there.  We all know this one.

Copy of the famous Mona without eyebrows

C. is Cristina's great-grandma, R. is her grandma

I cleaned this up a little for future work...

This is the middle of the 7-bedroom house..!

Schmoozing with a cousin Olga who works in Cali as a lawyer

Purportedly a vision of the Virgin Mary

A nice visit