Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday August 4, 2018 Clipped


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Saturday August 4, 2018
We finally decided to get 2 dogs clipped, Princesa and Buddy, because they were so overgrown that it had to be very hot for them in the heat here.  Especially Buddy who was just a huge mass of thick curly hair...  The "before" photos below are a month old so you can imagine how much bushier they would have been today..  We dropped them off at 10am at the peluqeria.
This morning my facilitator sent me a photo of my Visa document so we amended the plan to go Monday afternoon, because I want to make sure they have everything (like my passport) in their hot little hands and not make a trip for nothing.
I took a wrong turn trying to find downtown so we ended up going to the Andalucia cemetery and to add some fresh flowers to the grave.  I was surprised to see that they are building a new mausoleum directly behind Christian's grave which does not please me much because people will be trampling along the side of his grave all the time. 
We had to kill a lot of time so we decided to have lunch, a beef dish made of shoe leather, with rice and beans.  We brought my beef back for the dogs.
We bought a couple of dog beds for the car at Cristina's urging.  10,000 pesos sound like so much but then you realize it is only about $3.50, so really cheap here.
Then we did a little financial dealing with the brother-in-law and later found our way downtown.  I went to a phone accessory store and picked up a magnetic phone holder for the car, as well as an accessory plug that extends to another plug+3 USB recharging ports.... very handy for traveling.
Further downtown we went into a clothing store that had many promotions happening and I got a couple of lightweight t-shirts really cheap, and a non-reflective towel for dash.  One of the store guys indicated a special promotion in the 50%-off floor where you buy 1 and get 3 free of similar or lesser value. So Cristina got 4 beautiful items for $7, and 2 more at good prices downstairs.  It was a very good shopping day..!!
Then we went to pick up the dogs.  I learned something new today...  If you hand in two shaggy, obviously overweight dogs to a peluqeria, they give you back 2 new, skinny dogs!  I sure didn't recognize Buddy or Princesa so it is a good thing that Cristina was there.  Poor Buddy especially was this huge mass of thick, curly hair that you could barely make out his eyes, nose or mouth.  They must be so very happy to be cooler in this oven that is Tulua.
I hope you enjoy the Lumix pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
One month ago, Princesa was already bushy

Buddy was also overgrown a month ago.  Today he was enormous!

Oh yeah, this is real...  Now to get the Cedula

Sorry, I just LOVE this view in Andalucia

A new mausoleum being constructed behind Christian's grave

The cemetery is just so green after a good rain

Whose is this dog anyway??  Not mine...

Princesa still has her ever-present smile

She knows I just love that smile

Now we have 2 skinny, light dogs...

Princesa and Buddy are unrecognizable from this morning

Buddy must feel so very much lighter for sure

They both look so very happy