Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday August 12, 2018 Church


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Sunday August 12, 2018
Yes, Sunday, and I went to church again this week...  Ring the bells...  This time it was for a mass for an aunt who passed away 4 years ago, so I got to meet a bunch more relatives, not one of whom I can remember a name...
The church was in Bugalagrande, which is the next town after Andalucia, so not far.  We picked up Adiela and Mom Julia for the event.
The church is part bamboo and part brick, so I am assuming the brick part and the big corrugated roof are the new parts.  The priest was fairly young, very dark and portly, but he had a great sense of humour so his sermon didn't really seem that long.  And luckily there wasn't too much noise from the soccer field next door.
We drove an Aunt back to Andalucia and she lives 5 blocks from our house on our street,.. or, should I say we are on her street...  
Then we delivered some medication to Cristina's old mother-in-law to help her sleep, since she just lost her mother this past week.
A quick stop was made at the cemetery to add fresh flowers to Christian's grave before we went back to Adiela and Miguel's for late lunch.  The process of building the mausoleum next to the grave is fascinating to watch.  Everything is done by hand, so the result is probably not perfect but they are ingrained to imperfection here,.. in almost everything...
It is so darn sticky hot that walking the dogs is solely at dawn and at dusk...  I feel like singing the line from "Lady Godiva"... "Prayin' for a little breeze..."  
Man, you should see the crowd around the lake this evening...  Half of Tulua must be there.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
No pews, just chairs, so not many knelt on the cement floor.

That front part has just bamboo walls, but the bamboo columns are amazing

The mausoleum is taking shape..

Fresh flowers for Christian