Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thursday August 9, 2018 Ants


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Thursday August 9, 2018
Every morning, when walking the dogs, we cross these distinct trails about 4" across that are cleared by Army ants as their supply route from the sources to their huge underground nest.  This path is just covered with ants heading to the sources, bumping into just as many returning, laden with pieces of leaves and more.   It is incredible to see them holding these leaves perpendicular as they motor their way back.  It reminds me of the scene in Raiders Of The Lost Ark where John Rhys-Davies asks "Indy, why does the earth move down there?"  See  https://youtu.be/P1wOeXanRps  taken with the Canon.
We got the sad news last night that Christian's paternal great-grandmother passed away in Andalucia at the ripe old age of 104.
We were going to Andalucia anyway, presumably to sign the final house papers but that is now put off until Tuesday because (you guessed it) systems were down....
So we went and spent a couple of hours with Christian's dad, Carlos, and family as they held a wake at their house.  The funeral will be tomorrow.
Then we visited Christian's grave and I even forgot to take my usual photo because, frankly, I was wearing black, and wilting in the heat...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
A peaceful Lago Chilicote on a lovely morning

A hawk is high up in the Egret tree

Yes, the earth does move - see the video

That huge foliage is being carried by one ant!

Great colors on this little guy!

A shot looking east..