Thursday, August 16, 2018

Thursday August 16, 2018 Palmira Clinic


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
REMINDER: If you are interested in getting the Blogs via email, simply send me an email to aljbourassa@gmail.com and I will add you to a special list in my Blog settings. Even though that does not appear to work again either…...  Google sucks. 
THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
******
Thursday August 16, 2018
I finally received a response from my facilitator that, even though I have my Cedula number, and a printout of an online document, none of this means that my Cedula is ready for pick-up.  So we will just be keeping our scheduled appointment for Friday the 24th.  The facilitator says 15 days is normal starting from the date of application, which was on the 6th.
Cristina got all excited that we needed to leave by 8:30am, pick up Adiela, and go to Palmira, luckily north of Cali, and only through two toll booths, to pick up Miguel from hospital.  I put the hospital in my Waze program on the phone and away we go.  We have to wait until almost 9am before Adiela is ready and we make it to Palmira in an hour (Lizzie loves the highways!).
I am almost at the hospital when Adiela finally pipes up that we are going to some Clinic, ...not the hospital... Grrrr.  So I pull over, find the clinic on Waze and luckily it is not far, but inaccurate on Waze as we have to ask for directions.
The Clinica Palma Real is quite modern and Miguel was impressed with it.  Miguel had arthroscopic surgery for gall stones yesterday and is allowed to go home today...  I don't think that that would happen in Canada.  
From driving in, and from the 6th floor of the clinic, I was quite impressed with Palmira.  Cristina told me that it was nice, but quite unsafe.  A lady sitting behind us took Cristina to task on that score, saying she has lived there for many years and, like any city, it has only a few bad areas, but overall very safe.
When we got there Miguel said they were just waiting for the Head Nurse to give the OK for his release.  I think I would have exploded on all of them if he was not being let go....  Maybe I am old-fashioned, and think that respect for other people's time is precious, but Latinos don't think that way at all.  It's all me-me-me, and my family, and bugger the rest.  Then it was a wait for a silly mandatory wheelchair ride down the elevator to the main floor...  Then Adiela had to eat....  So FOUR HOURS later we finally leave Palmira...  I was not a happy camper because we still had things to get done today.
We drop off A+M and head for the Notary in Andalucia where I though we were supposed to be signing final papers....  We got copies of papers we had already signed and are sent to a bank to pay another $200+ for some sort of fees.  Just pay, pay, pay....
Then we rush back to Tulua, get to our bank to get some more money and head to the Registry office a few doors away to pay around $300 to them.  It is 4:10pm and the damned place closes at 4pm........  Another slow burn at all the delays in Palmira.....  Grrrrrr
Then we rush over to the sign place, get lost multiple times again before we see our completed sign, of course minus the mounting holes....  I don't even want to hear their lame-ass excuses by now, I am so fed up with the lack of courtesy of drivers and everyone and everything....  
I can't wait to get back to some normality and work on the new house,...   Oh, but we still don't know when we are getting the keys....  The present owner had said that we would likely get in on the 20th (Monday) or sooner....  Grrrrrrrrrr
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
The Clinic seemed clean and well run

This is the view from the room (Lizzie is below that wall)

This is a view from the end of the hall

Miguel is ready to leave

A panorama with the Lumix from the end of the hall

The new house address sign