Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Tuesday July 19, 2022 Success

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday July 19, 2022

Happy 25th Birthday to my Grandson Dawson....

The baby kitten got adopted out last night to a fellow from the driving school I used.  I wish all adoptions were that easy.  They have 10 puppies at the Animal Park that are already getting too big to get adopted easily.

Last night’s Canada vs USA women’s soccer match was painful to watch.  Canada was simply awful in the 33C heat, with zero control and no game plan.  They gave the ball to the Americans at every opportunity, especially on throw-ins and goalie kicks.  Neither side could hit the broad side of a barn when shooting and the Americans only won on a Penalty Kick.  Kudos to our goalie Sheridan, and to Buchanan, Lawrence and, in spurts, Prince..  I understand that it was not on any Canadian channels (I watched on ESPN) but count yourself lucky, you didn’t want to see how badly they played.

Getting to bed late means waking late, and I didn't see the clock until 4:45am but decided to chance the walk anyway.  There are so many more people about at that time and it makes me more anxious, but we did enjoy a half-moon and stars.  The clouds seemed to be in a good position for a possible decent sunrise so I went back out with the camera.  At our usual 4am time we don't see these possibilities.  The sunrise was no big deal, but I took a few shots anyway.

Then it was back to bed for a bit before tackling chores, inside and out, before lunch.  I did poop patrol in the jungle because Leonel was luckily able to come on a Tuesday, in the afternoon heat, to clear the 'grass'.  Tuesday is perfect, because the garbage truck comes Wednesday morning, and lately has been coming as early as 7am.

I asked him to stay an extra hour to handle a few yard chores and he agreed.  I had removed some dead plantains, surrounded by new growth.  I also made sure that the drain in the backyard near the plantains could take a flow with the garden hose.  Too much water (read 'lake') in that area causes the plantains to just rot.

Once Leonel had completed the grass I had him pack and level the dog graves in the backyard.  Over 3 graves, we planted the new growth plantains, so our dogs will live on in another life form.  I am also trying to make the areas unattractive for the other dogs to dig.

Some of the old dead dry plantain leaves were put in the burning barrell and lit.  I was hoping the smoke might chase out a few bugs but it doesn't look much like that worked...  

We have our Chappy back, and it seems to be running well, so I just may take it on a photo trip in the area some day.

Rio is getting more and more like my old Fat Nina and that just endears her even more to me.  I am so glad that we kept her.

It seems that we are getting semi-regular emails with my Blog again...  I wonder how long that will continue???

I hope you enjoy the pictures (first set is backwards).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

This is the sunrise...

Very slow developing

A kiskadee above me

A Saffron Finch below me

Clouds changing

Holding so much promise...

Our central park

again

Rio sleeps like Fat Nina too

One of 10 puppies for adoption
The puppy is friendly

Leonel gets to work

The grass is down to dirt level again

Fat Nina's resting place

Carlos' Nina's resting place

Mariposa and cafe's resting place

Firebug at work briefly