Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday July 24, 2022 Trip North

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday July 24, 2022

Last night, the urge hit me to download recent movies that people have on Pirate Bay.  I downloaded "Thor: Love and Thunder", and "Paws Of Fury: The Legend Of Hank".  I watched, or rather, suffered through Thor, as I am far from a Sci-Fi fan at all.   I used to enjoy Marvel comics as a kid....  The other is a cartoon which I probably will end up enjoying more...  

We did our 4am walk with the 3 stalwarts, but had to cut it short as we were about to get wet(ter), then went back to bed for 3 hours.

After chores, I made mashed potatoes to go along with the 4 medallions of Filet Mignon that we had bought at the new Exito at LA14, enough for 2 meals for under $10 USD!  I broiled/baked the FM in the toaster oven and they were perfection to eat (with Montreal Steak Spice, of course).  That is an expensive meal here, but worth every penny for the satisfaction of eating Red Angus Filet!  We will certainly be looking for those again.

Cristina and I decided to take our 3 co-pilots on a drive to Sevilla, where I missed the turn last time, as it is right after the toll booth.  Of course, I was in the wrong lane, not thinking, and drove right past it a second time..  Idiot!!!

So we decided on going to Cartago, a short distance from Pereira.  There was method to my madness as such a trip is sure to force another trip within days to the same place to get my new Visa!  Brilliant, aren't I???

We explored a lot of the town and heard an accident between a taxi and a motorcycle as I was exploring the unphotogenic riverbank.  Cyclist are just begging to get hit everywhere here, so I have zero sympathy for morons like this, still holding his cel phone on the ground.....

On the way back, I decided too late to turn into La Victoria so turned at a second opportunity and took a horrible back road into town.  Of course, we were lost and asking Cristina for ideas or directions is a dead loss, so we took a long road to La Union, thinking that would be close to the highway.  I was not seeing any signs to the highway ,or Tulua, or Cali, so I consulted my Waze app.  Sure enough, it wanted us to backtrack all the way back to La Victoria...  However, we came to a traffic circle that Cristina recognized and she said to just go right to get to Roldanillo... which sounded better than retracing our route.  New scenery is better than old.

So, all in all, we went through sugar cane, corn and cattle country for our little outing...

Our friend Igor says tha he is in the Canadian Rockies heading for our Bugaboos...  I had to look it up......... Eastern BC...  Watch out for Igor...

Last night, Aunt Nativa stopped by and said that Victor Hugo is craving my salad, so I promised to bring some over tonight...

I hope you enjoy the pictures (3 of 4 sets backwards.. Grrr).   

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

No meat is better than Filet Mignon

One medallion of two for this meal

Cattle are smart enough to stay close to shade

30C is pretty warm

Love these smooth, shaded highways

Main highways are pothole-free

A bull on alert

More cattle close to shade

Love the color of a dry corn field

Motorcycle idiot still grasping his cel phone

A duck skimming the river in Cartago

A pleasurable drive for sure

 

Egret and Ibis 1

Egret and Ibis 3

Egret and Ibis 2

Sugar cane and windmill

More bulls

Bulls and egrets

Bridge near La Victoria

Going to La Union

Old bridge near Roldanillo

Wildflowers near the bridge

View from the new Roldanillo bridge