Friday, July 1, 2022

Friday July 1, 2022 Adoptions

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday July 1, 2022

Happy Canada Day, Eh.....

Our walk this morning was exceptionally quiet and we didn't really see any vehicle activity until the last 2 blocks.

NetFlix says Bancolombia no longer allows the BanColombia Maestro debit card to be used for payment.  It took over an hour to find that out.  Then I tried several times, unsuccessfully, to change the payments to my CIBC debit card.  Now I have never had a problem with that card, so I was shocked when it was rejected.  Further investigation showed that it was CIBC rejecting the payment because it was not showing my Canadian mailing address.  Now I am shut out of NetFlix for another 24 hours.  CIBC, as usual, is very cooperative and they have added my Colombia address as a secondary address so the change of billing should proceed OK in the morning.  Crossing my fingers.

We packed up Chiquitita and brought her into Adiela's for adoption.  We are sorry to see that little one go.  We were to pick up another puppy to deliver to Roldanillo for adoption but the gal bringing it made us wait over 90 minutes..  I was not a happy camper.  

The road to Roldanillo is very lush and pleasant, marred only by idiot drivers who can't differentiate the slow lane from the passing lane.  We delivered Chocolate quickly to his new family and returned.

We stopped in Andalucia to pick up supper, 7 items, very filling, and the cost was $2.50 USD....

Then we stopped to confirm some medicines with vet Lina at Huellas.  Poor little NeNe is coughing a lot so right now he is getting quality doses of antibiotics.

Cristina has decided, over my objections, that we will get Rio sterilized and then trade her at Zoonosis for the lovable 3-legged older dog, Mona, that will probably not get adopted otherwise.  Rio stands an excellent chance of getting adopted so it is a better trade, and I see the logic.  I swear that Rio is the reincarnation of fat Nina so I am really sorry that she will be going.  She has turned out to be such a good dog in such a short period of time with us.

The memory foam topper on the King bed is passing the test.  I am sleeping better, with virtually no hip pain, without the nightly interruptions by Killer, who we still look for out the back door...  Hand and wrist pain is the new bugaboo so I am going to try my old supply of Gabapentin for a bit to see if that will help relieve that pain.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Yummy ham omelette by yours truly

I make a yummy brunch

We are going to miss that little tongue a lot!

Goodbye Chiquitita

Be sweet to your new adopters

Our 3 co-pilots.

New flower buds at Adiela's


Bridge between Zarzal and Roldanillo

Chocolate is adopted in Roldanillo

Another successful rescue

Scenery on the way home

Construction bricks and local transport

At-home cat at Huellas