Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday July 23, 2022 Success

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday July 23, 2022

The walk was again quiet after a little 1:30am rain cooled things down, and the excitement came at the end when we came across Handsome, the stallion, in the vacant lot to the north.  He had a wicked bleeding gash on his left-front shoulder.   The barbed wire likely, and, if I knew which house held the owner, I would have roused him...  Luckily it didn't seem to stop Handsome from walking or eating.  He was not there later in the afternoon.

We had a quick lunch and then went in to the the new Exito department store at LA14.  I had been able to almost pay my car insurance online with their portal website, so I was hoping they had an office to visit, and do it with a live person.  No such luck...  So we checked out the veggies, which were the best we have seen anywhere in months, so we did some shopping! 

I took the straight way out, rather than my traffic avoidance route, hoping to see a SOAT (Govt. car insurance) sign on the way.  We spotted one at the next light at a used car dealer, so we stopped in and got lucky this time.  It cost 370,000 pesos or $83.06 USD.  The Registration had been closer to $100 USD, so I am not complaining.  The USD is at 4454 pesos today.

We are having a devil of a time trying to find the right garbage bags for the kitchen, poop bucket, and the lawn clippings...

I guess we are back in a "dry" season where the heat of the day is more intense and the afternoon showers are small, but cooling...  Just perfect in my book...

We stopped for gas on the way back, 9130 pesos or $2.05 USD a US gallon.  I was staring at a lovely fan pal and could not make out what was on the underside of the leaves.  They looked a little like big tarantulas, but, as you will see below in the photo, they were just several wasp nests.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



The drive to Tulua

The drive back

Closer to home

 
Wasps!