Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday July 12, 2022 BIG 5-0

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday July 12, 2022

My little baby girl turned 50 today!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!!









 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Our walk was totally uneventful this morning.

 At 8am, me and the co-pilots took Cristina in to Adiela's.  We had a serious talk along the way about buying that huge house with a swimming pool....  It is a bad idea to make ourselves house poor and have zero money in reserve if something should happen to me..  All our money would be tied up in that house and Cristina would have to fire sale it to survive.  I think my points were well taken.  I met Miguel on the way out and he said that maintaining a pool is a money pit.  I asked him to make sure that he tells that to Cristina... 

It is such a nice drive and we usuall see interesting things, like the 4 horses on our corner as we returned.   

Then I slept most of the day.  Our little NeNe is pretty much over his coughing but he is really acting strange and resting anywhere but his normal places.  He also won't eat the same food as the other dogs, it has to be rich ham and the like..  I am worried about him.

I trimmed some of the flowers and took some photos.

The Colombian Peso continues its freefall.  $1 USD = 4622 pesos at this moment.  It was around 2500 just 4 years ago when I came.

I am waiting for Carlos to show up to fix the one cabinet door.  There is another I would like to flip on end so it opens the opposite way, and not in my face...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Leaving Tulua

Love this treed stretch of road

This creek is fast brown water all the time

Fishing pond

The new Bus Station

That dark strip is the coastal cordillera

4 horses to greet us on our return home

Our buddy Tom Thumb

TT

Love these Tea Roses

Such striking colours

Pinak and white too

My evening salad

Need to replace the hinges..