Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday July 29, 2022 Luna

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday July 29, 2022

The walk was again punctuated by many house and street dogs barking today.  Our dogs are quiet, but I still feel guilty that these other dogs are waking up the neighbourhood because we are walking by.

Early this morning, we were out to help an 85-year-old adopter, friend of Cristina's friend Zoraida, with his older dog who was struggling to walk and eat, very much like NeNe.  He had a worn nylon rope for a leash and we loaded the dog into the car to take it to Huellas vet.  I was trying to keep the dog, Luna, from getting into traffic as we unloaded everyone and she bit me.  It was decided to leave her with the vet and pick her up around 5pm.

Yes, we confirmed that we are going to Pereira for an appointment with Migracion to get our travel papers, the SalvoConducto.  The lady that we have been dealing with there has told Luz that I don't need it, which is ridiculous,.. it is in the rules that I need it to proceed with the Visa and the Cedula.  We are taking no chances.

The orange tiny kitten with the blue eyes has graduated from Nasty to Softy as we hardly know she is around, and she sleeps well.  She should get adopted out soon.

We got a call before lunch to go and collect Luna because the vet and assistants all got bit trying to give Luna the necessary injections.  So gee, I suggested putting the medicine in her food, even though she wasn't eating..  We got a special salmon treat meal, added the medicine and she gobbled it right up.  Zoraida paid the bills and got the old man a proper harness and leash, and I drove everyone back to their homes.

I went in the backyard again and spotted the dragonflies streaking around, so I managed to get a lot closer today and got some decent, but not great, shots.

Late in the afternoon we delivered a couple of meals of liver to the old man for Luna and she gobbled up one easily, and there is enough for another meal tomorrow.

We stopped at the gas station to get gas for the Chappy.  Maybe one day I will take a little run with it to Campo Alegre for photos.

There is a new wing place in town and we stopped by to enquire about the menu which is limited to the gooey and hot ones which I don't care for.  So, I decided I wanted a hamburger at Hamburgo as a treat.  I got the single patty with cheese and bacon and I couldn't even finish it, because Cristina and I also had 2 orders of onions rings, fries with cheddar and bacon (not great..), a Heineken beer and a coconut lemonade.  At today's peso, it was all under $10 USD.  It is a good thing that I didn't get the double patty....

I hope you enjoy the pictures (first half backwards).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Golden Silk Spider

Our quirky NeNe

Nasty is now Softy

Softy is sweet now

Soon she wiil be exploring a lot
Old guy, Luna, new harness

Luna ate all the food

Jose, vet assistant

Luna gobbling the food

Claudia adding medicine to the food

Tea Rose bud opening more

Another too

A tiny Golden Silk Spider

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

DF

DF

DF

Straight from the phone, and had more...

Hamburgo makes a good sloppy burger