Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thursday July 7, 2022 Debit

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday July 7, 2022

I got  bed late so and I took one of the prescription sleeping pills and I slept right through, and we didn't get our walk.

We were supposed to go early to the Bank, before 8am but then Cristina slept in.  I then wanted to go at 10am but she said to delay until 2pm.  Bad decision.

We took down oranges to fill 3 pails, 2 to give away later to Tia Nativa and Abuela Gilma.  

I had been wanting to set up nicer clotheslines on the patio for 4 years and today Cristina finally gave me permission!  Energy efficient solar and wind power for drying clothes...

I had a drama with my Visa facilitator because Cristina told me that Luz also paid for my Visa and we will not recover that money...  I saw red!  I had sent her a copy of the bill from Migracion at 1:08pm and then a copy of the payment I made at 1:28pm, her lunch hour.  She is trying to say it is my mistake when she had zero contact with me other that those 2 emails, 20 minutes apart, to which she did not respond to me... ME...  I told her in no uncertain terms that she is to be in contact wwith ME, THE CLIENT, and then she can clarify with Cristina.  Way too much gets lost in the translation, when it is not in writing.  I have asked her for a copy of the receipt to show what, and when, she paid.  She has yet to respond.  I am not a happy camper with that whole crooked Visa process this time...  It is costing me a stupid fortune.

We left at 2pm and got to BanColombia around 2:30pm.  It was after 4pm before we got to the teller and it took 5 minutes to get us a proper, modern Debit card with a security code.   I told Cristrina that I worked at ScotiaBank 54 years ago, before computers, actually anything electronic... using crank calculators and paper for everything.  I don't believe it ever took us longer than 2-3 minutes to handle one customer.  The lines at BanColombia are ridiculous because the service system is crap and slow.  And this is the biggest branch in Tulua!  It is atrocious to have to wait like that anywhere, especially seniors...

Cristina wanted to go make a monthly payment on clothing 2 blocks away for her sister.  The moment we got to the door all the electricity went out.  Apparently this is common at that time of day and retailers are forced to close because they can't process any transactions...  Maybe it is time to resurrect the crank calculators!

Then we went to the grand opening of the Exito store in the LA14 Mall.  I was shocked that we were even able to park and get into the store.  We grabbed a few items, but nothing on super-sale, had a quick bite, waited in line to pay for eternity, and beat a hasty retreat.

We delivered the oranges and picked up more medicine for NeNe.  I was in a hurry to get home before the house went dark on the dogs.  I hate that.

Oh, and apparently we have a decent offer on the house...  We will have to see how this will play out.....  Part of me wants to get rid of it before it needs a bunch more repairs, but the house is perfect for us... for size and location.  And where do we go???  That is the question.....  Earthquake and volcanoes, or super heat??   Maybe we can buy fenced land and build? 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Demo of clothesline
 
Actual use

Oranges


Yard we may need to give up.