Friday, July 15, 2022

Friday July 15, 2022 Repairs

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday July 15, 2022

The walk this morning was the quietest ever!  We never saw a vehicle or person until we were feet from our door!  It made me think of those horror movies where we are the only survivors...

Then there was no water since about 1am and we had to use the emergency tank to shave and shower.  But it came back again at 11:15am finally.  I had cut my own hair this morning as well.

The exchange $1 USD = 4493 pesos in the morning is now 4403 pesos, an insignificant change but in the right direction.  Big fluctuations make it difficult to keep any amount of money here because it devalued almost overnight and puny interest rates don't recover that.

I finally got to try the new bedding from Amazon on the King bed.  It should be great, almost like silk...!

We slipped out with the co-pilots to get veggies in Tulua and also hit D-Uno for other supplies back here.  

We just got Huellas to send us 3 - 25 kg bags of ItalCan dog food which is cheap and the dogs love it.  It is hard to come by, so we stock up when possible.  270,000 pesos = $61.32 USD in total....

I had noticed that one of the main support posts for the heavy patio tile roof was rotted through at the bottom and my good wife decided to go knock it out when my back was turned,... WTF...!!!  I had already braced it once to the more solid middle section, now I was forced to do a quick additional support, which I then varnished to match.  We may have that US buyer coming by tonight, so I didn't want that post looking horrible...

While I was at it, I re-varnished the birdfeeder.  I knew it was coming, especially with the lake in that area, but the base has rotted, and the post is weakening and will soon topple.  So I have hammered in a piece of rebar behind it and will zip- tie it, or wire it, together later when the varnish is sufficiently dry.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Birds at the birdfeeder this morning

My wife did this




 

 

Repaired


Varnished

 

Re-varnished