Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tuesday May 10, 2022 Busy

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday May 10, 2022

The lake is back in the backyard with all the rain I was away and the ground is so well saturated.

I did not walk the dogs this morning for fear of awakening our guest, Leticia, who was sleeping in the guest bedroom closest to the front door.

We went out to pick up the month's diapers for Ana Julia and delivered them when we were in Tulua, after dropping off Leti at an optometric place for eye exams.  They wanted Leti an hour early for the appointment so we went nosing around downtown for a bit but did not buy anything.  Leti was done much sooner than expected so we picked her up and took her to the bus station for her ride home to Roldanillo.  She had never been to our home before.., or even Tulua or Andalucia, so she enjoyed herself.  

We made a brief stop at the cemetery (Cristina had only been there once while I was away) and were pleased to see that Christian's grave had been well tended to. 

We got home just in time to get a visit from a DHL driver delivering my phone case and protectors package 2 days early!  You can say what you want about Amazon, but they do deliver!  ...even here... often with free shipping...!!  I feel a lot better when my cellular phones have proper protection for accidental drops, etc. and also work with the magnet holder on my dash.   This case even has a little slide protector for the rear cameras!  That is a big plus for me because the camera on the Motorolla got so scratched as to be useless.  Later, I ordered a similar case for Cristina's new phone too.

Then I decided to complete my tackle box with a bunch of lures brought from Canada, (some donated by my buddy, Russell,..thanks) and set up the newest spincast fishing rod.  I sent a photo of my gear to bro-in-law Miguel, my fishing partner, as a broad hint...

Aunt Nativa stopped by and was happy to see that I had returned.  She asked if I could cut her grandson Victor's hair again.  She also mentioned that he keeps raving about my salad, so I promised to come over later.

Claudia's motorbike was giving her problems so she has been using our Yamaha Chappy to do her work at the Animal Park.  I see that the ladies finally found 2 proper mirrors for it,... definitely much safer.  It is good that the Chappy is seeing some proper use.

I had a nap and then made up my salad and put my portion in the fridge.  I had Cristina gather a large bag of oranges for Nativa and Victor.  I grabbed the clippers, camera, oranges, and salad offering, and off I went with my faithful Turi.

Turi, my favourite amazing dog, was an absolute picture of calm as she watched me raze the hair off of Victor while Nativa kept showing me the lovely photo of her mother, commenting that Cristina looks so much like her.  She is right, the resemblance is amazing.

I finished the haircut and Nativa kept commenting how much the basketball (Jordan 23) shirt I was wearing would look good on Victor...  Since I have 2 more the same at home, I just ripped it off and put it on him.  He had this huge grin of thanks.  Nobody even gave me a second glance as I drove back home shirtless.

Once back home I ate my salad as I prepared the photos for this Blog.  In between, I got instructions from my sister-in-law on how to find people on my family tree on Ancestry.com and to make some needed amendments to the way Ancestry has converted the GED file that I had uploaded.  Hey, the tree may not be exactly perfect, but it is darn extensive.  It will be interesting to see what my DNA results will be from them.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  You would not believe the ordeal I had in uploading this bunch.....  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


The lake is back

Inside the Tulua cathedral
Downtown Tulua

Cristina heling Leticia to the bus

 

My phone case stuff, model not included

 

Our cemetery

Christian's grave looks good

Always love this view


At the entrance

Our hibiscus are mnagnificent

We have a revival of the Golden Silk Spiders

Miguel, I am ready to go fishing!

Our Chappy looks good

Victor has such thick hair

Now he has less hair

He does look good in my shirt!