Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday May 27, 2022 Illness

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday May 27, 2022

Thursday we did our walk under the usual cloudy sky and encountered a lot of dogs and cats on this run.  The outside dogs rarely bother us, but the ones in the houses raise a ruckus when we walk by, waking up every dog down the block to do the same.

Then I spent almost all day on Ancestry following clues to flesh out ancestors, spreading out the Grandparents, then the greats, then the great-greats and so on.   Most of the time there are conflicts in information so we have to decipher which is likely to be the most correct, etc.   Once you get started on a thread it is hard to stop.  And I don't agree with just following the male side either.  Half of our genes come from the mother's side.  So far, all the names are very French in all directions.

There have been sicknesses occurring in some dogs at Zoonosis that has caused them to be euthanised, upsetting almost everyone.  We are very concerned about our Mona being there.

After one Netflix movie, I switched to listening to 630 CHED from Edmonton to listen to the pivotal Game 5 in the Oilers-Flames series from Calgary.  I tuned in after the first period and it was 1-0 Calgary.  Then there were 7 goals in the second period (a new playoff record of 4 scored in a 1 minute, 11 second span) to even the game at 4-4.  The game stayed that way with a Calgary goal disallowed until Overtime, where our quiet superstar, Connor McDavid, got his first point of the night by scoring the series winner...  Goodbye Calgary!

Claudia stopped over around 9:30pm and brought us two more stray puppies, so now we have 6 little mess-makers,.. eat, pee, poop, sleep, and repeat ad nauseum...  I had 2 viudeos taken with my phome, not long ones, but obviously good quality, and way over 25Mb, to negate being to send them to my email!  So if you didn't see them on FaceBook (easy upload there for some reason), you missed out...

So I was awake late and slept through the usual dog walk time and didn't really get much sleep, but had to be up for grocery shopping, etc today.  We had to hit 6 places to get all the veggies, with the cabbage being the big problem today.  I also managed to pick up a couple of suction cup security bars for the showers for $3 USD each.  I had seen them in Regina at cousin Maurice's and thought that it was a brilliant idea and was shocked to see them being sold here for specifically that purpose!

Friday meant poop and garbage patrol, always fun chores.  Then the cabbage needed to be chopped up for my salads...  Our large fan nearby, that I rely on,  almost toppled over, so duct tape to the rescue, again.

I got a final snarky note from COPA Airlines with the same $76.25 insulting offer so I told them I would begin trashing them on social media as promised, and I only need to sway ONE new passenger away to achieve satisfaction, but I am shooting for way more than that...  I see that I am joining a long list of unhappy fliers...

Cristina cajoled me into going into Tulua to Zoonosis to pick up our Mona, and the 3-legged dog Mochita, to be sure they don't have this disease which they call moquilla, which is actually distemper..  Most of those strays are unvaccinated due to a lack of funds unfortunately.  We also had brought along the runt puppy of our six who seemed to be doing poorly.

We went to 2 vets in Tulua but they were too busy to see us, and Dr John Faber Rojas was busy with a sterilization clinic.  So we ended up driving to see the vet at Huellas in our own town.  The good news is that both Mona and Mochita are negative for distemper and we got medicine for them, and the puppy, then drove the two big dogs back to Zoonosis.  By now, I am getting so darn tired.

I didn't feel like making supper so it was an excuse to go to Power Pizza for onion rings and my 4 meat special pizza..., with leftovers for lunch tomorrow..  Yummy!

It is 26.2C and Cristina is looking for lined pants of mine to wear because she is cold, while I am seconds away from taking off my t-shirt...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Yup, 6 puppies now.

6 little pee and poop machines

A new opening

We are pinking up

A bud coming

Saffron Finches

OJ on the vine

 

Just too adorable

Too young to train yet

Awesome idea for $3 USD

Mona was so happy to see us

She is very excitable


Mochita is very mobile

Mona is happy there

Lunch all dressed for tomorrow.