Saturday, May 14, 2022

Saturday May 14, 2022 Doug

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday May 14, 2022

The day did not start out well with the shocking news that my recently deceased brother Laurent's son Doug was found dead in his home.  He was living alone in Laurent's home and a neighbour found him.  I have no further details and we guess that he would have been around age 53.  Our sincere condolences to all the grieving family.

Laurent is in the orange shirt with Doug behind him.
 

There was evidence of a small rain when we had another late walk again, with me waking at 5:10am again.  I don't mind that.  It has rained 3 times since..

Cristina was off to Cali to belatedly celebrate her birthday with her two nieces Natalia and Ana.  They spoil her, and think she is cool to be with, a second Mom, without the baggage.  They are making a full day of it.

In the early afternoon Movistar guys showed up, so I had to direct them to what Cristina had decided that she wanted, a TV on the back patio.  The young guy with the older supervisor ran a a lot of cable to make that happen.  Cristina thinks that this is only adding $3 to our bill... Ha!  Wait till she (I) gets the bill for the equipment and the service call and the cable.  

I also have to get a decoder and wifi extenders so they can watch Youtube or NetFlix.

Claudia came to exercise with Killer again.  I love that they seem to be doing this regularly now.  She will come back later again to tuck him in.

Cristina ordered dog food while in a movie theatre and Huellas delivered it to me, in the rain, in minutes....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The young guy

The lazy supervisor is on the left

They did efficient work

and it works!

Initial setup

I had them extend the internet cable

Better set up....