Monday, May 16, 2022

Monday May 16, 2022 Running

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday May 16, 2022

The clock said 4:31am and all 4 dogs were willing and able to pull me around this morning.  We saw old Amigo again this morning too.  

We have had no water all day and this is getting beyond annoying.

I did chores, had a quick nap, and then Cristina and I used tank water to shower, etc and get mobile.  We have had a very busy day so far.  I did not drag the camera along.

First we tried to pay the Internet bill but the systems were down.  We paid the water bill elsewhere.

Then we went into Tulua and went to HomeCenter first to get anti-bug spray.  I had used the last of what we had on the microscopic ants and it was very effective.  We came out with a different brand.

Next we went to Dollar City to get more flowers for Christian's grave as the last batch are weathered and faded.  I got a new potato peeler as well.

The stomachs were grumbling so we went to Mr Chuleta for pork cutlets, filled our faces, and still left with enough for my lunch tomorrow.  Including 2 orange juice, it was $7.50 USD total.

We went to the 24 hr. MegaFruver for vegetables nearby and they did not have nice cabbage but we bought everything else.

We tried the wholesaler a little further along for our favourite ItalCan dry dog food but nobody seems to have it in stock.  It is always reasonably priced and the dogs really like it, but hard to find at times.

Then we went to Olympica and found 2 decent cabbage, birdseed, and some liver for Cristina.  

We returned to Andalucia to go to our D-Uno because the one next to downtown Tulua was vacant now.  Here we got milk, sausage for quick dog meals, diapers for Killer and more.

I tried again to pay the internet bill downtown and was successful, but got home to find the electricity bill stuck in the door...  Later...  We put everything away, still no water,... and I cut up my cabbages.

The I jumped in the car again, and took my broken sandal to the shoemaker nearby.  The sandals were not expensive but I like them and I just renewed them with the saddle soap, and they are my go-to shoes for here.  He literally has to hand-stitch them all the way around and he is asking for 7,000 pesos, or $1.75 USD!  He wanted a day, I gave him 2.

Then I paid the electricity bill and took Lizzie for a much-needed cleaning to a group of young guys in the next block.  They must have their own water supply.  I paid extra to have them pay special attention to a couple of areas,... and because the car was a mess of dog hair!  $5 USD for a complete inside and outside cleaning.  This means we will get a nice rain very soon.

I see that Amazon is handing off to DHL for delivery of the 2 items I am waiting for.  Next Monday seems to be the target date.

Then I decided to contact NetFlix directly because I had not had a response about the possible phishing email that I received saying that would no longer accept the present payment method.  After a lot of ridiculous song and dance with a chat CSR, it was determined that it was indeed a phishing email which I was asked to report again, and that the NetFlix account is just fine.  These scams are getting way too sophisticated....

I am pooped.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Back

Front.  Lizzie looks like new.  Bring on the rain!