Saturday, May 14, 2022

Friday May 13, 2022 Maurice

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday May 13, 2022

The leader awoke a trifle late at 5:10 am so the dog walk was delayed.  It is so much lighter at that time that we can see the cloud cover, etc, even though sunrise isn't officially until after 6am.  The clouds this morning looked promising for a nice sunrise so I went back out with the camera, and my faithful Turi, to await the sun.  It didn't work out quite as spectacularly as I had hoped, but, oh well... not bad...

Cristina went with Claudia on our Chappy to put new flowers on Christian's grave.  Then she had little Sofia over for a visit again, but she forgot to give her my old cel phone as we had agreed.

I did the first poop and garbage patrol since I have been back.  It was much less onerous than I expected.  I noticed again that some of the plantains have rotted and need to be removed.  I asked Claudia if her son Estiven would be willing to work for me for a bit.

Then, through a roundabout way, I got the devastating news that my wonderful cousin Maurice Jalbert had succumbed to Covid complications.  The pressure on his organs caused them to begin to shut down, pressuring his heart into a serious heart attack.  He had agreed to go to palliative care yesterday and passed away peacefully this morning.

I was actually on Ancestry, ironically working on his parent's details and photos when I received the news.  Even though I expected the call eventually, because I had foreknowledge of his major problems (but could not share publicly), the news hit me like a brick wall and I was devastated beyond belief and sobbing uncontrollably.  It took all my energy and several Kleenex for me to pass on the sad news to the family network.

It was only a scant six weeks ago that I got to spend a whole week with this amazing friend traveling Saskatchewan and he was the picture of health.  We were always very in tune with each other, and I know that he enjoyed his time  when he came and toured Ecuador with me after his wife had passed away.  He needed the break and I was so glad that he accepted my offer to come for a trip.  He was very special to me, and the only relative to ever come and visit me in South America.  The world has lost a kind and caring man, And Friday the 13th will forever be a black day for me and his family.  Condolences to all who knew Maurice.  RIP my good friend.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Sunrise starting in Andalucia



Ibis

Pa
Parrots


Southern Lapwing

Street cleaning in S.A.