Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Tuesday May 17, 2022 Water

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday May 17, 2022

The clock again said 4:31am but the light rain on the roof said to wait...  It stopped, then started again and reduced to drizzle so I made an abbreviated  walk with my main 3.

There was still no water in the house, over 24 hours, and now our emergency tank was also empty.  When it decided to rain a little harder we put out containers to catch runoff from our patio roof.  We might have collected 10 gallons overall and it helped clear the tiolets, etc.

Ancestry has notified me that my DNA kit is now in the queue so we may see results in 6-8 weeks.  I don't anticipate too many surprises there.

I asked Cristina how much longer the extra dog Mona was going to be here and she replied "forever"...  I hope Mona gets over chewing on my various footwear.  She is learning to be another playful one in the house, especially with Nina and Grigi.  So I guess that we are back to 11 permanent dogs.

Little Sofia came by to visit with her Mom Lorena who took off with my old Motorola after it was donated to her by Cristina.  She looked super thrilled to get it.

We left to go to the cemetery and forget metal snips so came back to find that the garage door had not closed.  How serendipidous was that?

Sofia came with us to the cemetery where Cristina spent ages replacing flowers on Christian's grave.  I had put my main car key fob in my fanny pack because my shorts today had no pockets.  Somehow, the fob slipped out, I have no idea how, and it is fortunate that I almost always have the spare set in a different area of the fanny pack.  We retraced steps to no avail and mentioned the loss to the caretaker, Alberto.

A young lady named Jenny asked me questions in Spanish which I did not understand, and she switched to English because she had taken university in the USA.  She was very pretty and sweet and let me take her photo.

On the way home we stopped to buy a dozen liters of bottled water for $3.25 USD. 

We got home at 3:30 and discovered that the water was on again so we immediately filled the emergency tank first and then also a 25 gallon pail.  And, I washed clothes from my trip finally..  Cristina washed dishes and made their supper.

Time for my salad.  Still no news on how or when my nephew died.

5pm and the water is off again.

I hope you enjoy the pictures which took many attempts to upload.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

Pretty rose

Pretty pink

Same rose

Kiskadee

Collecting rainwater

Using lots of containers

Saffron finches

 

3 types of birds

 

Cemetery view is nice, even on a bad day

 

The coastal cordillera

 

On one grave

 

In the chapel

Sofia and Cristina
The Pieta in the chapel

Nice girl, very tall

Sweet Jenny

New flowers for Christian

Kiskadee